Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 05:30 PM

Re: Would you stay ?

It certainly makes you think doesn't it . I think my instincts would be get out immediately .
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 05:39 PM

Tricky one this. Partly because if you open your door then you create a fire corridor.

A girl I once taught had an arson attack on her home and the parents naturally opened their bedroom window to try to get out, which caused the fire to follow this route in the "search" for oxygen and caused their deaths. Such a shame as my wife and I bumped into them in Tatton Park a couple of years earlier and they were really lovely
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 06:02 PM

We ran a small seaside hotel and had to have fire doors, self closers, heat detectors in all rooms. We had to be checked annually by the fire people and couldn't operate until everything was found to be in order. It seemed a nuisance and a huge cost at the time, but makes sense really.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2017, 06:15 PM

I would have to trust my own Instincts I know that fire ladders rarely reach beyond 4 storeys high so I simply wouldn't accept accommodation above that height .
I would also make sure that I had my own fire blanket ,fire extinguisher, and if possible an escape ladder. ( you can get fold out ones ) We have always lived in ordinary family houses but we have always made sure that we have smoke detectors, fire blankets, fire extinguishers, and our children always knew what to do if fire broke out ...preparation and being ready for the worst possible scenario is the best way to go.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top