Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 07:07 PM

Grenfell fire and Fridge Freezers

I received this today from Which..
The Metropolitan Police stated today that a Hotpoint FF175BP fridge freezer has been identified as the initial source of the Grenfell Tower fire.

Owners of a Hotpoint fridge freezer model FF175BP (White) and FF175BG (Graphite) should call the manufacturer's freephone hotline on 0800 316 3826 to register their details for further information.

If you think you may have an affected model please contact the manufacturer on the above number, or read our advice here.
I thought I would share. Better safe than sorry
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 07:31 PM

Re: Grenfell fire and Fridge Freezers

I don't have one and even if I had I would not be alarmed unless I was experiencing power surges that may have damaged it.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 07:43 PM

Surprised it was such a household named product.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 07:47 PM

Most fridge fires are household names because these sell more .
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2017, 08:18 PM

Yes, I also read about this, and have checked mine out, mine is a Hotpoint but different model.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 11:42 AM

At first, I was surprised to hear that a fridge freezer had caught fire, I didn't think it was possible but after a bit of Googling, I discovered that it's more common than I thought.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 11:51 AM

Hi

There is a much bigger issue here, which relates to self certification.

In addition to the hundreds of fires started by fridge freezers, there are lots started by tumble dryers.

5.3 million faulty Hotpoint, Indesit and Creda dryers manufactured over the course of 11 years, which posed a fire risk.

We need proper certification, not wait until someone dies.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Surprised it was such a household named product.
Many appliances are made by the same manufacture, it's only the brand name placed on those appliances that are different. Creda for example manufacture the Glen and Sunhouse type heaters/storage heaters which are identical. Only the covers and names are different.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 12:39 PM

Frightening that in the Elf and Safety age when you have to get Risk Assessment to change a light bulb up a step ladder, that such a common household product poses such a risk.
Every home in the country has at least a fridge, many have fridge freezer and tumble drier.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2017, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Frightening that in the Elf and Safety age when you have to get Risk Assessment to change a light bulb up a step ladder, that such a common household product poses such a risk.
Every home in the country has at least a fridge, many have fridge freezer and tumble drier.
My thoughts exactly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top