Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 10:59 PM

Re: Cats.

Concrete or tarmac over the whole of your garden should do the trick. Very low maintenance too
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 11:11 PM

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 05:55 AM

OK - court of last resort - buy one of these, fill with water, lie in wait for the offending cat and spray him/her every time he/she puts a paw in your garden. It won't hurt the cat but will send out the message that it is not welcome !!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072JGPH...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
OK - court of last resort - buy one of these, fill with water, lie in wait for the offending cat and spray him/her every time he/she puts a paw in your garden. It won't hurt the cat but will send out the message that it is not welcome !!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072JGPH...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Tabby what a great idea! A squirt of water won't harm a cat but it does make them want to avoid it! My five cats are all welcome here but I find that, if they are doing something wrong, a quick squirt of water stops them. I use a water pistol to stop them when they have a little fight in the house.... getting out of a chair to stop them isn't quite as fast or easy as it used to be.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 07:22 AM

I show mine a cushion twink, I never actually throw it at them but they get the message and dive for cover
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I show mine a cushion twink, I never actually throw it at them but they get the message and dive for cover
Thanks Summer, that may work when my water pistol hasn't been refilled!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
I have heard about the citrus peel. but how many do me and the wife have to eat before it's affective ?

I was told bottles of water too because they can see their reflection and they think it's another cat................I think they are preening their whiskers in mine.

I can try the hose, but the one I have is yellowish...........might be worth sacrificing a few feet just to see.
If you eat too many oranges Bruv it'll be you and the missus using the pussy toilet patch....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 10:27 AM

Maddie the cat tends to use the same bit of border for her toilet, so every now and then I just turn it over and remove the offending poo. It might be an idea to leave a small patch fallow, they will usually dig in an empty patch, and it will keep them away from the plants. Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches........Or pussies....
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Maddie the cat tends to use the same bit of border for her toilet, so every now and then I just turn it over and remove the offending poo. It might be an idea to leave a small patch fallow, they will usually dig in an empty patch, and it will keep them away from the plants. Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches........Or pussies....
That reminds me. There are quite a lot of dead leaves in my garden, which I've swept up but not yet binned as there's no room in the bin. One of the cats has been weeing in it

They have a litter tray indoors but he likes the mound of leaves too.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 02:14 PM

Today as I opened the curtains I was being looked at by a bloody tabby.
I gesticulated loudly and it arrogantly stood it's ground until I banged on the glass, and it just sauntered away (If it were a kid I would have made her stand in the corner because of her bad attitude)

When I went out to go to work, the path was littered with feathers, the pair of them had been playing with a pigeon, it was below the patio door fatally wounded, plucked to death for a bit of fun.

I have a part of the garden that I sacrificed with freshly turned soil, but it would need them to change their habits to find it, may be a long job.
I think I shall acquire some clematis netting off Ebay , that sounds like the best suggestion so far.

If I were clever enough I would invent a water spray that randomly squirts at intervals 24 hours a day, it wouldn't need to waste much water, I'm sure they would soon learn.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top