Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 01:22 PM

Corbyn's Student Debt Promises Are £100bn Vapourware

Corbyn's promise to cancel all student debt would cost £100BILLION Angela Rayner says

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...00BILLION.html

The Lying Looney Labour party's shadow education secretary has admitted the true cost of Corbyn's vapourware promise is . . . a staggering £100 BILLION !

Corbyn's "promise" which was used to shamelessly bribe the young voters, has turned out to be nothing more than an "ambition" !

From the article:

"Ms Rayner told the BBC's Andrew Marr today that wiping out student debts was an 'ambition'."

"She said: 'It's something that he'd like to do. It's something that we will not announce that we're doing unless we can afford to do that.'"

"She added: 'It's a big abacus that I'm working on with that, it is a huge amount, it's £100 billion, which they estimate currently, which will increase."

"Ms Rayner said the amount it would take for the Student Loans Company to reverse tuition fees would be £9.5 billion, plus the maintenance grants."
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 01:35 PM

Re: Corbyn's Student Debt Promises Are £100bn Vapourware

Wonder when the students who voted for him will realise they've been conned?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Wonder when the students who voted for him will realise they've been conned?
I have a feeling it has actually started dawning on them. Corbyn isn't going to help them wih BrExit (he's very anti-EU) and he isn't going to sort out student debts.

Once the euphoria and false exhilaration of "rebelling" against what they perceive to be the establishment dies off, what do they have left? Nothing.

They voted for a Marxist, IRA supporting hard-left activist who would ruin the country if he was given power.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 01:48 PM

Now that is a surprise the 'promise' has turned into an 'ambition' .

I doubt that would have appealed in the same way to the thousands of student who fell for the 'new version' of Corbyn who had clearly had an appearance and attitude make over by Seumas Milne and co before the election turning him from scowling Trotskyist to everyone's favourite granddad .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

09-07-2017, 01:51 PM

The support of young voters will lessen as a result.

Given Looney Labour didn't do any better this election than they did in the 2010 election, I can only imagine the carnage that will occur at the next election if they lose some or all of the bribed youngsters.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Corbyn's promise to cancel all student debt would cost £100BILLION Angela Rayner says

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...00BILLION.html

The Lying Looney Labour party's shadow education secretary has admitted the true cost of Corbyn's vapourware promise is . . . a staggering £100 BILLION !

Corbyn's "promise" which was used to shamelessly bribe the young voters, has turned out to be nothing more than an "ambition" !

From the article:

"Ms Rayner told the BBC's Andrew Marr today that wiping out student debts was an 'ambition'."

"She said: 'It's something that he'd like to do. It's something that we will not announce that we're doing unless we can afford to do that.'"

"She added: 'It's a big abacus that I'm working on with that, it is a huge amount, it's £100 billion, which they estimate currently, which will increase."

"Ms Rayner said the amount it would take for the Student Loans Company to reverse tuition fees would be £9.5 billion, plus the maintenance grants."
In other words, it was nothing more than an attempted bribe.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2017, 03:26 PM

Rule Britannia! Blah, blah, blah!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 08:52 AM

Corbyn was honest saying he wanted to give free education, tories are only collecting less than 25 percent of what they charge. That seems a bit hypocritical to me. They are pretending to charge £9000 a year for tuition knowing over 75 percent of students will never pay a penny back.

Give me honest any time.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Corbyn was honest saying he wanted to give free education, tories are only collecting less than 25 percent of what they charge. That seems a bit hypocritical to me. They are pretending to charge £9000 a year for tuition knowing over 75 percent of students will never pay a penny back.

Give me honest any time.
Hi

Got any proof for that Statement?

It is somewhat at odds with official data.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Got any proof for that Statement?

It is somewhat at odds with official data.
It's been in the papers, on the radio and tv news too. The proof is out there

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top