Join for free
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2017, 03:11 PM

Upton Blues Festival

I haven't been to a music festival since the 1970s. I've long since been out of touch with pop music; besides, modern pop, and even rock music seems so bland & boring, so I've been looking at jazz, folk, and blues festivals

I'll be going to Upton - on -Severn Blues Festival, 21 - 23 July
It promises to be good; pay for camping then the acts & venues are all over the town, with free admission

In celebration and anticipation I've treated myself to some new T shirts

Captain Beefheart - Fast & Bulbous & Trout Mask Replica; Hatfield and the North; Traffic
Showing my age & trying to recapture my youth - well probably, but why not?

www.uptonbluesfestival.com

www.oldskoolhooligans.com
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 08:57 AM

Re: Upton Blues Festival

Well, I went to this festival, and it was excellent!

A massive camping field; the portaloos were clean and well maintained; reasonably priced - £35 on the gate (£30 in advance) for Fri, Sat, & Sun nights

3 main stages, several smaller ones around the town, and various pubs and halls; lots & lots of acts, all free

The place was pretty well packed; lots of food stalls, and not just burgers; everyone was happy & friendly

If you like that sort of thing I can thoroughly recommend it; I definitely plan on going next year
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 09:32 AM

Re: Upton Blues Festival

Glad you enjoyed it Zuludog

I live just a couple of miles away and when the wind is in a certain direction I can hear the music when walking Chloe

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top