Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 08:56 PM

An extraordinary idea !

I have a friend who regularly attends at Slimming World. She is doing really well having come down from a size 24 to a size 20 in about 2 months. Unfortunately, losing so much weight so quickly has left her with a really saggy lump of belly fat. I suggested exercise - sit ups etc., but, apparently, her SW adviser does not agree with exercise at all - says it is a waste of time.

Her advice is - buy a large jar of Vick Vapour rub and massage it into the belly fat twice a day - and the fat will go.

I have never heard such an extraordinary idea and wondered if anyone else had? How on earth can Vick remove fat?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 09:02 PM

Re: An extraordinary idea !

Forgive me ST.... can't answer that one, I need to sniff. Sniffffff. Oh, that's much better

What a weird thing to suggest though!. Have you tried Googling?

I'll have a look on Google anyway.

Look at this:

https://youtu.be/wyVLPes3rsg

and this:

https://youtu.be/pi6h9AvkmFk
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 09:04 PM

I thought your friend must be having you on Tabs - then I found this:

http://myilifestyle.com/how-to-use-v...ted-belly-fat/
Project Brenda
United Kingdom
Project Brenda is female 

12-07-2017, 09:26 PM

I’ve been researching this for myself ……….Cardio exercise is the best for reducing the fatty areas along with exfoliating theses areas with a soft dry brush to improve blood circulation and remove dead skin so new tighter skin can grow. Then massage with creams, at the moment I’m using cocoa butter and oils with vitamin e and collagen. Also having a warm bath with sea salt is supposed to help increase blood flow and remove toxins. And drinking lots of water and green tea. I don’t think there is a quick fix though it will take time and patience. Unless you go for surgery. Not my idea of fun tbh.

Vicks is definitely a weird one but I'll try anything once and if nothing else if I do it at bedtime it might stop my husband snoring
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 04:33 PM

I've always understood that surgery is the only answer.
Skin doesn't remain 'elastic' for ever.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
I've always understood that surgery is the only answer.
Skin doesn't remain 'elastic' for ever.
Hi

Absolutely correct Rachel.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 04:47 PM

Yup that and a bit of liposuction !
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 04:48 PM

I always wonder how anyone gets as big as a size 24 ?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 05:39 PM

Complete rubbish. How can Vicks reduce fat?
Get a new friend.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 06:18 PM

I've seen people who have lost a lot of weight and the flesh just left hanging , it must be frustrating for them , I think if they are young they can tighten up the skin with exercise and youth , but older people have a big problem as the elasticity has gone . I think surgery is the only answer , not a nice thought and the pain afterwards .

There is no quick fix

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top