Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 04:48 PM

cutting tree branches

I have had to get up on the back part of the garage roof to cut back some oak tree branches that if left would have caused damage. Some I threw back into their garden and some I have to cut up and take to the dump.

the branches were rubbing on the garage roof

As you can see I have cut away quite a lot, the neighbours around here are useless at doing anything. But have spoken to them before and they have said do what is necessary ,so can't be that bad
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 05:13 PM

Re: cutting tree branches

The main thing is not to fall off the roof while you are doing it.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The main thing is not to fall off the roof while you are doing it.
yes, this part is a large flat roof but even so I am not that happy working on it
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 07:41 PM

crikey, you're brave. I'd definitely get a tree surgeon in if it were my tree.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-07-2017, 08:29 PM

They are not my trees
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 10:21 PM

Keep your eye on it, it could grow back with a vengeance. I cut my oak tree down to a stump around five years ago now it's nearly as tall as it was before
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
They are not my trees
I've paid for a tree surgeon to prune an overhanging tree from a neighbouring property. It was money well spent.
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 02:29 PM

In my area Oak Trees all have T P O's on them.
If they are on your property, you are not allowed to remove them, or prune branches without permission.

Permission may be given if the is proof that they are in a dangerous condition, or interfering with foundations, or a danger to the public.

All this takes time, unless it is an emergency .
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

16-07-2017, 09:23 AM

The 4 oak trees in my garden have PTO's on them but the ones next door don't.(see picture)

I had my overhanging branches cut back after the local council officer gave the ok to to it. Also ok to cut back those on the trunk which were blocking light
Nothing to stop me either from having dead branches cut out. The stupid thing is in reality I could get branches cut down and how can the local authority say they were healthy? They are not going to spend hundreds of pounds sending someone up to check.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top