Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 12:35 PM

Re: Melinda Gates and contraception

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
One...There is no one child rule in China and hasn't been since 2013.

Two. The ' baubles' are not removed in a vasectomy.
I know the one child rule has been repealed but while it was in force all emphasis was on the woman even including terminations at 7 months.

Secondly I do know how a vasectomy is carried out but for the sake of members who are easily shocked by any anatomical terms I used the word baubles where many might use the term crown jewels to indicate the male genitalia.

Regardless of names is it not time that attention be shifted from females to males in the limitation of over population.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 01:25 PM

I listened to a discussion on TV today. One catholic lady and an African lady said it was a bad idea, while two other ladies said it was essential... so here are my thoughts.

Whether you believe or not, no religion should have the right to ask people not to use contraception. It is a personal choice.

The African lady said it is wrong to try and change the Africans values. She is wrong because once educated in contraception and it's advantages, every woman should be able to make their own decision. She will be the one who has to put her own life at risk to give birth in the poor conditions they live under and she will be the one who has to watch that baby starve to death.

It is wrong that these women are controlled by their men's desires, and if the West looks back 60 years, they will see that women, in this country, gained control over their own lives when the pill was introduced.

Lets hope that in another 60 years many African babies wont have to die because they are under nourished

For anybody who thinks that religion should have any say in this, I would ask why their god doesn't provide food for these babies if they are so important to him... but then I already know the answer.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->

Combine this with the fact also that most males in these societies procreate to prove their manhood...
African chavs!?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 03:10 PM

We reproduce because it was a successful way through evolution for living species to succeed. This applies to all animals but not feminists.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Where there is no financial support for the elderly or infirm there will always be a need for children...especially in harsh climates and regions.

Survival for the elderly dictates the need for healthy children, which means you need many..
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way all the time
Thanks to aids many grandparents have been left supporting their grandchildren.
It's better if people have two children they can raise to adulthood than loads that will starve in times of drought sickness or war etc ( There is always a drought sickness or war in Africa )
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
We reproduce because it was a successful way through evolution for living species to succeed. This applies to all animals but not feminists.
Feminists just want equal rights and many want children, but it should always be their choice, not something that is expected of them
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 11:20 PM

Love or hate Bill Gates, you have to admire his altruism.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 05:48 AM

I can't think why anyone would hate Bill Gates .
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
As the one child rule in China where the onus was put on women not bearing more than one child in Africa we are all talking about 'these women with so many babies'
What about the male part of the problem?
Easiest thing is to sterilise men after they have had 1 or 2 children ..
But Oh I forgot that would mean interfering with the precious baubles they hold so dear...
Well said Cass, the onus should not be just on women if anything it's the men who need to change their thinking.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

18-07-2017, 07:14 AM

Africa is tribal .
African men believe in having children
we are not going to change this .
Decades of aid and education hasn't made a huge difference therefore are still starving babies .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top