Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 11:21 AM

I need help!

Please don't take offence (a fence ) , but I've had enough of the overgrown garden nextdoor sharing it's weeds with my borders. Some guy turned up and strimmed the grass up to the bit level with my garden, a friend who knew this person (I have no idea who he was or who owns the property) had a word, he sneaked back and strimmed the middle bit, leaving a border of weeds, brambles and nettles etc. which means they're still invading mine.
I put some weed suppressant fabric along the wire fence but this doesn't help.

I really need to put a wooden fence up.

So, as I can't afford it, I'm asking for donations from my chums.
Please send a few nails, screws, planks of wood, men with hammers etc. to:
Tess
"Cloud"
Cuckoo Land,
Great Expectations,
Land of The Swamp People
TIA XXX

I've heard these crowd funding things work wonders!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 11:27 AM

Re: I need help!

Oooh you will be inundated by tea time Tess.
You will have enough donations to fence the rest of the street.

My hammer and nails are on the way as we speak.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 12:25 PM

Just spray along the fence line with the cheap Chinese version of Roundup every few weeks. Problem solved
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 12:55 PM

I think that's probably illegal Bruce!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think that's probably illegal Bruce!
Why is that?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

18-07-2017, 01:10 PM

You can't just spray someone else's weeds, if you prune a tree hanging over your fence you have to give the branches to them.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 01:19 PM

It's a problem when your neighbour's garden is a sh*thole. How do you kill their weeds without killing your own plants? My neighbour's garden is full of bindweed which keeps attempting to venture into mine but they have no intention of sorting it out.

I have sent a few bags of Postcrete to you TessA, you should see your postman struggling with them tomorrow morning.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

18-07-2017, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
You can't just spray someone else's weeds, if you prune a tree hanging over your fence you have to give the branches to them.
Yes, but you are spraying on your side of the fence and you can leave the dead weeds as they are or give them back to next door. I think it would be hard for them to complain about it. Anyway if they do you apologise most profusely and suggest they move their weeds (plants) away from the fence line so you can't spray them by accident next time.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

18-07-2017, 01:26 PM

I might kill my own plants doing that!
Just send me some wood!!!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 01:37 PM

Mr Mags said he has a few rusty nails you can have, Tess

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top