Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 02:37 AM

This Guy Brought Me Here

I found you all while being house-bound to help this young man recover from surgery and fatten up quite a bit. He was found with a missing eye, emaciated, covered in sores, and a badly healed arm that was broken and never treated. He was hours from being euthanized and someone called me desperately asking to save him. He is such a love, and is curled up on top of me right now, making it difficult to type. I already have three dogs, and would love for him to be placed with a young man who could love him warts and all, but...

Before (a week ago Monday):

Now:

tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 06:32 AM

Re: This Guy Brought Me Here

He may have been through the wars Surfer mom, but he sure is still a nice looking guy, and I believe he has found is new home already ( winks)
Good on you !
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 06:56 AM

Now that made me tear up... I wouldnt have been able to say no to that sweet face either,,
So glad he is safe with you.. Give him a hug from me xxxx
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 07:02 AM

What a handsome dog !
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 07:52 AM

Even with all his scars he is beautiful. We can never understand what cruelly treated animals have been through but, those of us who care, can teach them what happiness is like.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 07:55 AM

He's lovely !
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 08:42 AM

What a wonderful soul you are Surfermom....he looks adorable !! Hes really found a safe and happy place with you ,wish there were more people like you that genuinely care for their animals and love them to bits
Give him a big hug from me too x
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 08:50 AM

You are an angel taking him in, he's going to be quite a handsome chap the eye just adds character !

He clearly knows he's found his forever home too I can't see you handing him on any time soon.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 09:44 AM

It looks like he is a Labrador Retriever (?), if so, they are wonderful loving dogs. Three years ago my son and his wife took me to a Rescue Centre as I had lost my old Lab, but wanted a smaller dog as my mobility is limited. I took on a little rescue dog from Romania, but the point of my post is that whilst there my son and his wife fell in love with a black, skinny gangly, unruly dog named Blake. So we brought home two dogs. I said that there was no way that Blake was a Labrador, but crossed with something else.

How wrong I was! Three years later he is the most handsome dog, who spends a good deal of his time here at my home, whilst they are working. This is his second home.

Well done you for taking on yet another pooch, he doesn't know how lucky he is, I am sure you will be well rewarded.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 10:01 AM

Itīs so good to know that there are people like yourself surfermom who, like so many of us here, love animals and do what we can to prevent them suffering. Itīs just a great shame that there are people in this world who seem to revel in causing pain and suffering.

Well done to you and I hope that lovely dog has a happy life now.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top