Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 09:56 AM

Yes I have some tomatoes

Since we grew huge plants the other year Sue decided on the small variety this time
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 11:55 AM

Re: Yes I have some tomatoes

Nice, Realspeed. How do you eat them?
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 01:15 PM

Would it be possible to grow tomato's indoors all year round in a very sunny room and central heating?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 04:32 PM

Yes I have some too, I give lots away to neighbours around this time of the glut and I also tend to eat one every time I enter the greenhouse, but my favourite way of eating them is just thickly sliced between two slices of buttered wholemeal bread, delicious...

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Would it be possible to grow tomato's indoors all year round in a very sunny room and central heating?
You could try say on a kitchen window ledge, then easier to keep watering but not all year round I don't think.
Central heating is something for these plants I would avoid

Last time this happened and took over the greenhouse

realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

02-08-2017, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Nice, Realspeed. How do you eat them?
I find the easiest way is to put them in the mouth

Sorry could not resist
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I find the easiest way is to put them in the mouth

Sorry could not resist
Haha! I meant do you bottle them, eat them with salad, or fry them with eggs & bacon, or just eat them like sweets. I don't like tomatoes very much but I do eat them if I have to.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-08-2017, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Yes I have some too, I give lots away to neighbours around this time of the glut and I also tend to eat one every time I enter the greenhouse, but my favourite way of eating them is just thickly sliced between two slices of buttered wholemeal bread, delicious...

What yummy looking tomatoes .
I have a lot on the vines now but today the weather is so foul and cold I have lit the wood burner .
Sorry tomatoes can't bring you inside .
Yolande
London, UK
Yolande is female  Yolande has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 09:42 AM

I fear that if we don't get some hot sun soon the dozens of tomatoes on my plants will remain green.
Does putting them in a bag with a banana ripen them?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 09:46 AM

I think so
I have loads of tomatoes now .
I bring them in when they are just turning red and put them on the windowsill next to a banana .
I also put banana skins near the plants

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top