Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 03:09 PM

Re: Ignorant stupid man

I'm afraid I agree with Boot Julie, the article as written is someone's interpretation of what was said rather than what was actually said in a different context. Always dangerous to judge someone by a third party's opinion, although we probably all do it from time to time....
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 03:14 PM

It's not their qualities as a soldier that is in question men and woman of all religions can be good fighters and courageous soldiers.
It's their loyalty to this country which must be above that of their faith .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Boot ->
I honestly didn't see any prejudice in Kemp's original article.

If I had just read Ahmed's article from the link you posted, and if Kemp had actually written the article in the way Ahmed suggests he did, I would have agreed with you.
But when I read what Kemp had actually written, I don't think it bore any resemblance to what Ahmed writes about it.
I think that Azi Ahmed may have issues with the British Army she is I believe a former soldier herself .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I'm afraid I agree with Boot Julie, the article as written is someone's interpretation of what was said rather than what was actually said in a different context. Always dangerous to judge someone by a third party's opinion, although we probably all do it from time to time....
The problem is anything like this can and does put off people we need joining the services. We argue people have to integrate then question their loyalty when they try.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 03:45 PM

Hi

Only one of my Muslim Officers was born here.

The others were given sanctuary here, either as kids or older.

They are eternally grateful for that and consider themselves British first.

They have taken a conscious decision to become Enforcement Officers.

They absolutely hate the Radicals.

There is no stronger motive than to have seen members of your family killed or raped by the fanatics.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Only one of my Muslim Officers was born here.

The others were given sanctuary here, either as kids or older.

They are eternally grateful for that and consider themselves British first.

They have taken a conscious decision to become Enforcement Officers.

They absolutely hate the Radicals.

There is no stronger motive than to have seen members of your family killed or raped by the fanatics.
But some would see them as not loyal no matter what they do. It's such a shame some really excellent people if we could just employ them properly.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2017, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The problem is anything like this can and does put off people we need joining the services. We argue people have to integrate then question their loyalty when they try.
Do you think the article written by Azi Ahmed would encourage more Muslims to apply to join the security forces?

Comparing Kemp's original article with what Ahmed wrote about it, I suggest that Ahmed's article would be more off-putting to anyone reading it.
It was Ahmed who suggested that Muslims were not wanted in the forces and cast doubt on the loyalty of all Muslims, by the way she picked bits of Kemp's comments out of context and put her own interpretation on them.

Perhaps, if she doesn't want to discourage Muslims from joining up, she could stop putting her own spin on other people's words out into the public domain.
Let Kemp's own words speak for themselves, instead of putting words into his mouth.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

04-08-2017, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You can't point that out to some boot, my boys may have a Sri Lankan British father but they would not know one end of Sri Lanka from another they are British through and through. Their father wouldn't either as he was born in Woking Surrey, Their grand parents moved here mid 60s.
What has this got to with anything?
British citizens of any origin may join the British army .
My son (whose father is Argentinian) joined the British army .
He my son wasn't even born in Britain .
I have known children of German POWS who have joined the British Army
Commonwealth citizens may also join if they have lived in the UK for five years .
So even if your nephews were born in Sri Lanka and did know one end from the other they could still join the British Army .
So what exactly is your grievance ?
Bayardicus
Australia
Bayardicus is male  Bayardicus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2017, 12:11 PM

...They sound as if they would also make very good wives...Faithful unto death....
Bayardicus
Australia
Bayardicus is male  Bayardicus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2017, 12:13 PM

...Muslim women, i mean...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top