Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 07:25 AM

Re: DWP tries to deny justice to claimants (yet again!!!)

Originally Posted by galty ->
Point is common law take preference.

Wrong yet again!!! - Common law applies WHEN AND ONLY WHEN there is no statute governing it!!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Well as you brought it all about you should be happy with your results !
I am now, - the High Court Judges have their beady eye on the scumbag 'nasty party' government!!!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

08-08-2017, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I really do not get this perpetual envy of the rich.

The Tories have really hammered them for tax, far more than Labour did.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...bn-income-tax/

Conversely, they have taken loads out of tax altogether amongst the lowest paid.

Another one misunderstanding the issue. This thread has nothing to do with rich or tax law, nor how many pay or have been taken out of paying tax.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Wrong yet again!!! - Common law applies WHEN AND ONLY WHEN there is no statute governing it!!!
Hi

Your understanding of the situation is wrong.

The High Court are using common law to overturn statute.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

08-08-2017, 07:51 AM

Hi

Your understanding of the situation is wrong.

The High Court are using common law to overturn statute.

Wrong yet again!!! - the rights of appeal are written into the relevant STATUTE LAW!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Wrong yet again!!! - the rights of appeal are written into the relevant STATUTE LAW!!!
Hi

The judgements are made on the principle that the statute is incompatible with Common Law, absolutely nothing to do with rights of appeal.

The right of appeal itself is based on Common Law.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 08:35 AM

Hi

I really do not get this perpetual envy of the rich.

The Tories have really hammered them for tax, far more than Labour did.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...bn-income-tax/

Conversely, they have taken loads out of tax altogether amongst the lowest paid.
I don't get your idea anyone is envious, money means very little unless you can't pay your bills, all I want is us all to be able to do that.

As for taking us out of tax what a stupid thing to do, we now have huge swathe of people not connected to the system. Who feel outside it all and not caring about it.

We should all pay tax, earn enough to pay it.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 08:41 AM

If you are not working and you have no income how can you pay tax?
If you are on a low wage paying tax will take you into income support or whatever it's called nowadays . So how does this help anyone ?
I agree it would be better if everyone earned a good enough wage to live comfortably what sort of figure would you consider to be a reasonable living wage ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
If you are not working and you have no income how can you pay tax?
If you are on a low wage paying tax will take you into income support or whatever it's called nowadays . So how does this help anyone ?
I agree it would be better if everyone earned a good enough wage to live comfortably what sort of figure would you consider to be a reasonable living wage ?
Not necessarily does a low wage entitle you to anything muddy. I know many people don't qualify for any benefits at all. The myth everyone gets benefits these days is just that a myth.

It'll be interesting in a few years when these people don't qualify for any pension not even the statutory one. I'm waiting to see that myself as I've rarely paid a stamp because I've done numerous part time jobs that added up to full time.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 09:00 AM

Hi

The judgements are made on the principle that the statute is incompatible with Common Law, absolutely nothing to do with rights of appeal.

The right of appeal itself is based on Common Law.
Spot on.

Its a shame that people who sneer at are justice system don't know or understand are freedoms but just sneer.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top