Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 01:22 PM

Re: Looney Labour Tries To Fine The Homeless!

I think many illegals are living in illegal lets. Places most wouldnt want to live. Houses of multiple occupancy, sheds and garages.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think many illegals are living in illegal lets. Places most wouldnt want to live. Houses of multiple occupancy, sheds and garages.
Hi

We have had to give an amnesty to those living in Grenfell just to try and find the numbers.

The first point of call should be a survey of all social housing and evict the illegals and the tenants letting to them.

As for the homeless, many have mental health issues and are not capable of living in a tenancy, they need constant support.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Kick out all illegal immigrants and give their homes to our own deserving homeless.

Unfortunately, our authorities think more highly of illegals than our own. God knows why.
Is that not like saying jail all criminals ?

They are by definition illegals, you have to find them first.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
Is that not like saying jail all criminals ?

They are by definition illegals, you have to find them first.
Hi

When I was working, not that long ago, we did.

Those without papers were released on bail and disappeared again.

Many of our homeless have severe learning difficulties and or mental health problems.

We need to provide this support for them, it is not simply a matter of providing homes.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 03:03 PM

I've just been to the town hall where they are holding an open day to let residents have their say on development plans for the site.

They propose pulling down the magistrates court, building housing, plus more to the back, over the present car park. Building more offices for staff, and closing down nine council buildings in the borough, with all staff then working out from the extended town hall. There are plans for an under croft car park.

Those council properties, then empty, would be sold off for housing.

Now, the planner said there are 300,000 people a year coming into London! A scary thought.

That is why they continue to build, build, build. I asked, when do you propose to STOP building homes? When do you consider enough is enough?? A question the planner couldn't answer, of course.

Our local shopping mall, if plans go ahead, will extend outwards, into current green space, and upwards, via a new tower block. A blot on the landscape.

Instead of housing the 300,000 odd migrating into London each year, indeed what are they doing to house those already here, including the homeless!

I want outa here!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We have had to give an amnesty to those living in Grenfell just to try and find the numbers.

The first point of call should be a survey of all social housing and evict the illegals and the tenants letting to them.

As for the homeless, many have mental health issues and are not capable of living in a tenancy, they need constant support.
I'm afraid I didn't agree with the grenfell amnesty those letting illegally should have been taken to task. I also think social and private landlords have a right to know who is in their homes, and illegally let homes should be dealt with.

We have laws that can do that but it seems not the will.
Mental health services are not fit for purpose but a hotel may be better than the streets for many.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

06-08-2017, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I've just been to the town hall where they are holding an open day to let residents have their say on development plans for the site.

They propose pulling down the magistrates court, building housing, plus more to the back, over the present car park. Building more offices for staff, and closing down nine council buildings in the borough, with all staff then working out from the extended town hall. There are plans for an under croft car park.

Those council properties, then empty, would be sold off for housing.

Now, the planner said there are 300,000 people a year coming into London! A scary thought.

That is why they continue to build, build, build. I asked, when do you propose to STOP building homes? When do you consider enough is enough?? A question the planner couldn't answer, of course.

Our local shopping mall, if plans go ahead, will extend outwards, into current green space, and upwards, via a new tower block. A blot on the landscape.

Instead of housing the 300,000 odd migrating into London each year, indeed what are they doing to house those already here, including the homeless!

I want outa here!
We have a huge lack of housing, we have to build. OK where you are may not be the place but we have to find places. Its OK thinking not here or seeing it changing our places too much but it has to happen. When they tore down the derelict factory behind us and put in over 200 homes there were dire predictions but its fine, many of them are lovely people we get on fine with them.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

When I was working, not that long ago, we did.

Those without papers were released on bail and disappeared again.

Many of our homeless have severe learning difficulties and or mental health problems.

We need to provide this support for them, it is not simply a matter of providing homes.
I know there are hardcore homeless that have major problems that cannot be solved simply by housing them, we have always had them.
That is a different issue, I think.

The housing situation has changed by selling off huge stocks of council homes, so now councils have the legal responsibility to rehouse homeless when private landlords 'need' the property back.

As I understand it, private landlords can legally evict tenants on short term leases whenever they want, for whatever reason, just because they can.
The same tenants could feasibly be rehoused by the same landlord after declaring themselves homeless at an enhanced rent. The market price for rentals is set by availability, private landlords set the pace, by the fact of a lack of publicly owned housing stock.

The fact there are immigrants using housing is just an excuse for so called patriots, little Englanders, and bigots.
We have also exported lots of Brits to other countries using up their valuable housing.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 04:28 PM

The first thing that is needed are ID cards Photo and Number to be shown everywhere even when using the supermarket with a card
Works in Spain
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2017, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Vaniy ->
The first thing that is needed are ID cards Photo and Number to be shown everywhere even when using the supermarket with a card
Works in Spain

S*d off!!! - there's no way I'm carrying an ausweiss!!!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top