Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 05:37 AM

Re: chihuahua puppy

Pleased to hear the update, Clumsy. Thank you for the education on this condition in small dogs.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 09:46 AM

Thank you for the replies everyone, and the good wishes for the puppy. Re Meg's post, which started me thinking, I wonder just how many breeders, or sellers, of very small dogs actually mention, or give advice, on this condition, have they ever had it happen to any of their previous dogs etc?
Surely as breeders they would know about it, in which case shouldn't they be advising buyers, or prospective buyers about this? Surely any reputable breeder would give as much advice as possible.

When we bought our first Pomeranian, the breeder gave us lots of advice and told us to phone her if we had any concerns. We took the puppy back to see her a couple of times in the early months, as we promised when we bought him, she liked to know how her puppies were doing. We were shown how to groom him, what to give him if he had an upset tummy and for his first couple of years she also looked after him if we went away.

However this particular condition was never mentioned and I personally had never heard of it until now. I'm very glad though that this little pup has pulled through his ordeal and that Abbie took him to the vet when she did.

Just as a matter of interest, Cheryl told me that they hadn't got around to taking pet insurance on the puppy, but as soon as she got home on Tuesday she called about this (their other little dog, Bichon Maltese is insured), but were told the insurers wouldn't have paid out on this condition anyway. I don't know how much all this has cost, but I doubt it will have been cheap.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2017, 09:53 AM

It depends what you mean by warn, many will tell you they have tiny tummies so will need multiple meals a day to get the nutrition they need. If they faint to pop a little sugar water in corner of their mouths.

They don't actually say what the problem is but you do get the information to look after them.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top