Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 06:55 PM

Pine Martin seen

I have just seen on the news that after 4 years of investigations, the first Pine Martin for 35 years has been discovered and filmed on the Yorkshire Moors.
I hope he stays safe now it's been made public.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 07:08 PM

Re: Pine Martin seen

Yes, I saw this news item too.
It's good to see Pine Martens are making a come-back from being nearly extinct.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 07:09 PM

Been reports of them in Kielder forest for few years now. Secretive creatures would love to encounter one.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2017, 07:12 PM

Hi

There are a few in South Shropshire, but never seen one here.

I have seen them in the forests in Poland.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 07:57 AM

Hi

For those who are interested, a video of the ones in Shropshire.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-engl...ny-flourishing
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 08:09 AM

How lovely !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-08-2017, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
How lovely !
Hi

Yes they are lovely Silver.

I see quite a few when I am in Poland.

I fish a lot in a forest area over there, sat quietly, watching them and the Beavers.

Here in the UK, where I fish locally, you can see the otters and their cubs of you are quiet and have had a kingfisher land on my fishing rod.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 08:41 AM

One just wonders how wrong the BBC can get it. On a news report yesterday they said that the Pine Martin, until recent years, had been extinct in "Britain". Even if they had said England, they would have been wrong.

However, one can only hope that like the Otter, they will thrive a spread. I never thought I would live to see the day that Otters were here in the Midlands, let alone beside a shopping complex in my home town.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-08-2017, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
One just wonders how wrong the BBC can get it. On a news report yesterday they said that the Pine Martin, until recent years, had been extinct in "Britain". Even if they had said England, they would have been wrong.

However, one can only hope that like the Otter, they will thrive a spread. I never thought I would live to see the day that Otters were here in the Midlands, let alone beside a shopping complex in my home town.

Hi

You can watch the Otters from the Asda Car Park in Shrewsbury.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->

We have otters locally and beavers but I have yet to see them. I think I need to get up earlier.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top