Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 05:50 PM

Trump v Korea

If anything more develops between these two, and weapons do get used, will we be expected to wade in and help America?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 06:07 PM

Re: Trump v Korea

Hi

Stupid Boris Johnson is making noises.

We should keep well out of it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Stupid Boris Johnson is making noises.

We should keep well out of it.

What sort of noises?

(keep it simple please, petal)
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 06:28 PM

Trump has made it clear that the USA have more than sufficient weapons to do the job, so I see no reason for us to get involved with Nuclear war.

We may not have to worry about Isis destroying Britain, if big countries get involved in Nuclear war
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-08-2017, 06:32 PM

Swim said we shouldkeep out of it.

Twink, you say you see no reason to get involved.

But I haven't got an answer to my question yet.

Will we have to join in or not?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What sort of noises?

(keep it simple please, petal)

Rear end noises - where his mouth is!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 06:58 PM

Hi

Article 5 of the NATO Treaty.

The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

So, strictly speaking, yes, but only if North Korea manages to land a missile on mainland USA.

The UK is within reach of two of North Korea's Ballistic Missiles.

You are a worry guts Mups, no need to be.

In the event of a Nuclear Strike, you will be safe.

We know exactly where our targets are and you are safe from the immediate effects.

Ruthio and Summer are the ones to worry.

First strike is HMS Warrior, North London, Cornwall, Trident Base, a place in Hampshire, near Harrogate and North Birmingham.

It is all mapped out.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

12-08-2017, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Article 5 of the NATO Treaty.

The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

So, strictly speaking, yes, but only if North Korea manages to land a missile on mainland USA.

The UK is within reach of two of North Korea's Ballistic Missiles.

You are a worry guts Mups, no need to be.

In the event of a Nuclear Strike, you will be safe.

We know exactly where our targets are and you are safe from the immediate effects.

Ruthio and Summer are the ones to worry.

First strike is HMS Warrior, North London, Cornwall, Trident Base, a place in Hampshire, near Harrogate and North Birmingham.

It is all mapped out.

Thank you Swim, and yes, I am a worry guts, and I admit it.

In the highlighted bit, didn't you mean "we know exactly where THEIR targets are?"
Surely OUR targets are in their country.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 07:19 PM

It's a bloody long way from North Korea to the UK there is no bloody way any missile from the Fat guy with the weird haircut is going to reach here, so stand down. There is no need to empty your supermarket shelves of spam and spring water just yet.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

12-08-2017, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you Swim, and yes, I am a worry guts, and I admit it.

In the highlighted bit, didn't you mean "we know exactly where THEIR targets are?"
Surely OUR targets are in their country.
Hi

Nope, never been Military, so no idea where our targets are overseas.

I was Civil Defence, so I know where the targets are in the UK.

They are openly posted on the Internet.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/11/uk-m...-backlash.html

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top