Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:18 PM

Re: Trump v Korea

Originally Posted by Mups ->
So if you say they are aiming at those places, then those places are their targets to me - not ours.
That's what confuses me.
Yes Mups we obviously went to the same school A target IS something you aim AT and therefore it MUST be THEIR targets.

Simple grammar

Also, there is no way that N. Korean missiles can reach the UK, and as someone said above they likely have no idea where the UK is anyway.

My own view is that they would be lucky to hit Guam even if they have the range to do so. But the media are loving all this sabre ratling, sells newspapers doesn't it
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Yes Mups we obviously went to the same school A target IS something you aim AT and therefore it MUST be THEIR targets.

Simple grammar

Also, there is no way that N. Korean missiles can reach the UK, and as someone said above they likely have no idea where the UK is anyway.

My own view is that they would be lucky to hit Guam even if they have the range to do so. But the media are loving all this sabre ratling, sells newspapers doesn't it

Well I'm glad someone understands me, Losos.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2017, 09:38 PM

Simple grammar

I wish posters would stop relying on the Daily Express for anything other than the football scores, but like you said it sells newspapers
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 12:45 AM

My prediction:

Fatboy is trying to goad Trump.
The Chinese premier has advised Trump not to overreact.
Trump will warn Fatboy and probably do all he can to restrict any trade with NK.
Fatboy will continue to goad Trump.
Fatboy will either see sense and calm down, or will be bumped off.

The worst scenario:

Fatboy will make the mistake of targeting South Korea, Japan or Guam, the only places he can reach, with a nuclear IRBM.
Assuming he hits the target and assuming the nuclear warhead triggers, Trump will react.
A single US nuclear warhead will obliterate Pyongyang or some other city in NK, depending on the size of the target hit by Fatboy.
Fatboy will either be dead or have realised the futility of proceeding further.

In either case, the UK will support Trump politically, but will not fire any nuclear missiles at NK. There would be no need for this. Even if Fatboy wanted to, there is no way that he could reach us from the other side of the world as he has only medium range missiles and no submarine launched missiles.

So we are all perfectly safe. Keep calm and carry on!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 07:17 AM

When "Gangs" start brawling, the knock on effect can never be fully predicted.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
My prediction:

Trump will warn Fatboy and probably do all he can to restrict any trade with NK.

The worst scenario:

Fatboy will make the mistake of targeting South Korea, Japan or Guam, the only places he can reach, with a nuclear IRBM.
Assuming he hits the target and assuming the nuclear warhead triggers, Trump will react.
A single US nuclear warhead will obliterate Pyongyang or some other city in NK, depending on the size of the target hit by Fatboy.

In either case, the UK will support Trump politically, but will not fire any nuclear missiles at NK. There would be no need for this. Even if Fatboy wanted to, there is no way that he could reach us from the other side of the world as he has only medium range missiles and no submarine launched missiles.

Hi

Others disagree with your assessment of the range of his missiles.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.e8bd990db865
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 07:41 AM

That's the trouble in these days and times, us "Plebs" have no means of knowing if, say, a Dossier has been Sexed Up.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 09:29 AM

I had to laugh at someone on FB calling Kim thingamebob an "over-stuffed hamster in a boiler suit" I can't repeat what they called the other twit.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Article 5 of the NATO Treaty.

The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognised by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

So, strictly speaking, yes, but only if North Korea manages to land a missile on mainland USA.

The UK is within reach of two of North Korea's Ballistic Missiles.

You are a worry guts Mups, no need to be.

In the event of a Nuclear Strike, you will be safe.

We know exactly where our targets are and you are safe from the immediate effects.

Ruthio and Summer are the ones to worry.

First strike is HMS Warrior, North London, Cornwall, Trident Base, a place in Hampshire, near Harrogate and North Birmingham.

It is all mapped out.
Yup Like it or Not Your in it, an attack on 1 is considered an attack on all.
DragonsRealm
Montgomery,Alabama
DragonsRealm is male  DragonsRealm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
My prediction:

The worst scenario:

I don't think Kim's Missile's have that range I think they are over stated.
With no official dialogue between the U.S. and N.Korea, even another test fire by Kim could bring about an exchange. The problem with Kims missiles is they haven't perfected a safe reentry, from space, they would burn up, so the U.S. is safe for Now. But we don't need to wait till the Little Despot is able to do so.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top