Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 08:43 AM

Financial connections

I wonder if this fine has actually been paid???

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...nsider-dealing
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 09:11 AM

Re: Financial connections

Have you any evidence to suggest that it hasn't.? The article is just reporting due process as far as I can see, so what is your point exactly?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Have you any evidence to suggest that it hasn't.? The article is just reporting due process as far as I can see, so what is your point exactly?

Hasn't said he HAS paid it either - hence my question.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Hasn't said he HAS paid it either - hence my question.
As I asked, what makes you think it hasn't, or wouldn't be in the course of events? What makes this case any different from any other case regarding due process ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

13-08-2017, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
As I asked, what makes you think it hasn't, or wouldn't be in the course of events? What makes this case any different from any other case regarding due process ?

Since the article hasn't disclosed whether he paid it or not, until such time as I am informed he has, the issue will remain outstanding, and given his connection with a scumbag 'nasty party' minister I will remain deeply sceptical and cynical.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

13-08-2017, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Since the article hasn't disclosed whether he paid it or not, until such time as I am informed he has, the issue will remain outstanding, and given his connection with a scumbag 'nasty party' minister I will remain deeply sceptical and cynical.
Well, you do surprise me....
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 09:40 AM

The money this lot can earn for just a few days work...no wonder we consider they are on another planet,it's like a lottery win to us plebs.
How the hell can they possibly know what life is like for the average man on the street.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 04:38 PM

Did those fiddled expenses by all MPs ever get repaid?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

13-08-2017, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Did those fiddled expenses by all MPs ever get repaid?

That's the responsibility of the Standards Commissioner, and I have no idea whether they were or not, but I raise the question about a friend of the scumbag 'nasty party' Minister, since the article is silent on whether he paid the fine imposed on him, notwithstanding his appeal.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 12:50 PM

A fine for insider trading? Are you serious?

Former oil and gas executive Steven Noske will spend at least nine months in jail after he was sentenced for insider trading.

The Perth businessman showed little emotion as Justice Stephen Hall of the Supreme Court of Western Australia sentenced him to 18 months in jail, with a minimum of nine months.

Just pay the fine out of the profit, makes the crime worth doing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top