Join for free
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 09:32 AM

Clipstone dog attack

A one year old pet dachsund has been killed by four American bulldogs at our local country park. I have seen these dogs before and we always avoid them as they have a real pack mentality and were obviously a tragedy waiting to happen. I do wonder about the mentality of people who wish to keep such animals and what pleasure they can possibly give their owners...

Link removed as it wouldn't work...
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 09:54 AM

Re: Clipstone dog attack

The link dont work for me , but i have read and listened to the story on the news and else where .
It must have been the most terrifying experience , to have to run into the lake to get away , and hear the death of their dog going on .
I hope the dogs that attacked are put down .
I dont go to that walk but i am weary taking my dog a walk being attacked several times by dogs off the lead , its a frightening experience ,,,,Owners dont seem to care , and leave the dogs off even when they have jumped and held her down ..
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 10:22 AM

http://www.chad.co.uk/news/woman-inj...tone-1-8694238

As always the dogs involved will proberbly end up paying for this with their lives. The owners will walk away with a slap on the wrist and get themselves new dogs.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 11:03 AM

How dreadful. Who in their right mind would have such a dog, or dogs, running loose off the lead in a public park, or anywhere else for that matter? Don't these dogs come under the dangerous dogs act and by law should be muzzled and on the leash at all times when out in public? You are right Cass, as always the dogs will suffer for the stupidity of the owner.

Things have improved vastly here the last few years. People at last, well most at least, appear to be taking notice of the laws regarding dangerous dogs and we do seem to hear less and less about such incidents.

I could weep for the lady and her little girl whose dog was so brutally killed whilst they could do nothing. That trauma will have very long lasting effects.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 11:04 AM

Thanks for the link Cass.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2017, 11:45 AM

Let us know the outcome of this if you hear it please Barry.

Unfortunately most police won't get involved if it is a 'Dog on Dog' attack, but they will have to this time as humans got bitten as well.

I can't imagine how heartbroken the Daxy's owner must be to see that happening and not be able to stop it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top