Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 10:01 AM

Re: People's opinion on tuition fees

The main problem with maintenance loans is the cost of student housing. Landlords charge a fortune just for a room, there's nothing left for food etc. Even with a part time job it's a struggle unless you have the bank of Mum and Dad to help out.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 10:27 AM

Do you know Uncle Joe, I for one am sick tired and weary of your continual vitriolic tirade against the 'scumbag nasty party' you keep banging on about.

You seem to forget it was the Labour party who introduced tuition fees which was vigorously defended by that odious gentleman called Blair, despite having a free education himself. Talk about being two faced.

Now back to the OP. It's my view that there should be free education for citizens of the UK. Said citizens should be made to sign a contract to the effect the tuition will be free provided they achieve their doctorate, or whatever.

Failure to do so would result in them being charged with the tuition fees in full.

Foreign students should be made to pay for the education.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 10:30 AM

Blair was far more Tory than labour, I get a bit fed up of labour being blamed for his idiotic plans.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 10:42 AM

Looney lying Labour unfit to govern...
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 11:03 AM

I'm sure I don't know why everyone is making such a fuss about costs...when yesterday on this very forum we were told that everyone had access to education and much of that was free..
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 11:06 AM

Everyone does have access to free education until they are 18 years of age .
Which is more than most of the world does.
Very few countries have free tuition for tertiary education .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
I'm sure I don't know why everyone is making such a fuss about costs...when yesterday on this very forum we were told that everyone had access to education and much of that was free..
When it costs £54,000 to get a midwife trained it seems to me we have things very wrong in this country.

Looking at number of lectures and classes some degrees do, I'd suggest they could really easily be done in one or at most two years cutting costs greatly.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by fogey ->
do you know uncle joe, i for one am sick tired and weary of your continual vitriolic tirade against the 'scumbag nasty party' you keep banging on about.

You seem to forget it was the labour party who introduced tuition fees which was vigorously defended by that odious gentleman called blair, despite having a free education himself. Talk about being two faced.

Now back to the op. It's my view that there should be free education for citizens of the uk. Said citizens should be made to sign a contract to the effect the tuition will be free provided they achieve their doctorate, or whatever.

Failure to do so would result in them being charged with the tuition fees in full.

Foreign students should be made to pay for the education.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 02:35 PM

I would have hoped that my children and grandchildren would have better opportunities than I did (and free education too) we seem to be going backwards.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

14-08-2017, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I would have hoped that my children and grandchildren would have better opportunities than I did (and free education too) we seem to be going backwards.
Completely agree I can also see them being worked to death much like in the medieval times.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top