Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 12:58 PM

Lodgers

I doubt our new lodgers wouldnīt be welcome everywhere, but Iīm quite happy with them. We appear to have some Gekkos that have moved in. There were two on the kitchen wall last night, one in the old bathroom and one in my bedroom. These are only young ones I think, approximately 2" long. We also have two quite large lizards, not sure they are Gekkos, that live in the outbuilding where the washing machine and boiler are, they are often to be seen scurrying under the washing machine.

We do see varying sizes of these creatures very often in the garden. I love them and Iīm quite happy to give them house room, I hope they catch all the nasty flying and crawling things that manage to make their way indoors.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 01:16 PM

Re: Lodgers

We always had geckos in the house when I lived in the tropics.
We called them Chit Chats because of the noise they make.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I doubt our new lodgers wouldnīt be welcome everywhere, but Iīm quite happy with them. We appear to have some Gekkos that have moved in. There were two on the kitchen wall last night, one in the old bathroom and one in my bedroom. These are only young ones I think, approximately 2" long. We also have two quite large lizards, not sure they are Gekkos, that live in the outbuilding where the washing machine and boiler are, they are often to be seen scurrying under the washing machine.

We do see varying sizes of these creatures very often in the garden. I love them and Iīm quite happy to give them house room, I hope they catch all the nasty flying and crawling things that manage to make their way indoors.
dont they make a mess when they toilet?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
We always had geckos in the house when I lived in the tropics.
We called them Chit Chats because of the noise they make.
So did we Muddy. Walls and ceilings were covered in them, too many to count. Although where they used to vanish too was always a mystery.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

14-08-2017, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
dont they make a mess when they toilet?
To be honest Eliza, no they donīt, itīs very rare you see any visible signs of any toileting.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 03:42 PM

Rather have those than spiders, bet they eat the flies too.
Any photo's, Clumsy?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

14-08-2017, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Rather have those than spiders, bet they eat the flies too.
Any photo's, Clumsy?
No sorry Tiffany, but I will try to keep the camera handy for their next appearance. I still havenīt found any alternative site to photobucket though. I really will have to make an effort to find one that I can cope with.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 03:48 PM

Can't you post directly to here, that's what I've been doing.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2017, 04:44 PM

They lay eggs which look just like tick tack mints ,don't eat !
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

14-08-2017, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Can't you post directly to here, that's what I've been doing.
Iīll have to give it a try Tiffany.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top