Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 05:53 PM

Re: Decent Thing.

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Not a thing, but we've missed you!
Where have you been???
Awww Ruthio!
I've been to Italy on holiday
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 05:54 PM

Aha! So you're not one of these saddos who takes the internet with them on holiday?
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Aha! So you're not one of these saddos who takes the internet with them on holiday?
I even try to keep my phone at a distance...but then...it is my camera too
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Awww Ruthio!
I've been to Italy on holiday
Well there you go. There was me getting all concerned about you and all the time you were sunning yourself in Italy.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I often leave forums for a while, especially if I get fed up with them, as I have done with this one from time to time. I often, but not always, return. I post on a number of forums and have no special attachment to any of them.
Here's your answer Spitty.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales

15-08-2017, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well there you go. There was me getting all concerned about you and all the time you were sunning yourself in Italy.
Aww Dongles! You too...
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 06:50 PM

Theres a big difference between taking a break and having a major 'Im not playing anymore ' flounce.

I think many of us have from time to time felt either not involved with the issues being discussed or overwhelmed by them and unable to contribute in any meaningful way and have taken a break.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 06:55 PM

Yes here is a difference its between being a grown up or still employing the tactics of the playground
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 08:02 PM

I do the decent thing and disappear for a while, you might need a break from my ramblings and nonsensical patter

Nah, I get fed up sitting on my backside in the same position. It feels a major operation to get the laptop out from under the settee, get the pouffe in the right position, get the lappy tray out so the heat from the fan doesn't burn my knees and then settle down.

Then I have to go for a wee. Shove everything on the floor, go for a wee, come back and set myself up again. Then I want a drink of tea or water. And, so do all the process all over again.

It's such a trauma .... far easier to sit on my legs and read or watch a film
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 09:40 PM

So, are we saying, Forum Dwellers should have no Duty of Care?, and just bugger of and return, with impunity.

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top