Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 08:25 AM

Re: Cyclist says it was victims fault

Originally Posted by deylon ->
A cyclist , who was riding with no front brakes [ an offence ] ,think he was on the pavement , report didnt say ,and hit/ killed a woman pedestrian, blamed his victim, he said she saw me but didnt move out of my way,she should have moved, so its her fault she got hit
Wasn't it his mother whom he killed? I saw story about that yesterday
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 08:27 AM

I rode miles on my bike as a child and teenager my parents didn't believe in giving us lifts even when we had a car.
They were too hard !
However today it's different far more traffic on the road and I wouldn't like my children out there alone on a bike .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 08:52 AM

The road I live on is one way traffic and I've lost count of the number of cyclists that purposely travel the wrong way. That probably doesn't sound like a great crime but pedestrians crossing the road do not expect it.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 08:54 AM

Hope he gets a long sentence, he deserves it .
The arrogance of him.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Good post Mart smack on the button.
I take it you have a bike Purwell. Do you also have front and back lights?
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Wasn't it his mother whom he killed? I saw story about that yesterday
No, a mother, not his mother.

Some of the headlines are misleading.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-08-2017, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Lila ->
No, a mother, not his mother.

Some of the headlines are misleading.
Virtually all headlines are misleading these days.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I take it you have a bike Purwell. Do you also have front and back lights?
Not any more.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 09:08 AM

I'm both a cyclist and a car driver. To me, they are both the same and need to obey road traffic regulations equally. I occasionally drive in central London and I have to say the behaviour of London cyclists is appalling. They view red lights as optional, think nothing of riding down the left hand side of a huge lorry, then scream and shout when the lorry turns left (even when it was clearly signalling when they undertook it). They are rude and boorish with a sense of entitlement which even makes Old Etonians seem self-effacing. I am constantly amazed that even more cyclists are not killed /maimed on the roads. Car drivers are not perfect by a long long way, but my fellow cyclists often fill me with shame.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

16-08-2017, 09:15 AM

Where I live, if I observed the rule of leaving 1.5m when overtaking a cyclist, I would end up in a ditch.

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top