Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 10:30 PM

Train Fares Increase

Train fares are going up by 3.6%
They are already astronomical .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40922861
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 10:42 PM

Re: Train Fares Increase

good job should go up double that. Why? well it would force people to leave jobs in London and move well away. Firms would have to follow to get staff.

This in turn would increase house values say where I live a lot more. See forward thinking
At the moment mine over the last 3 years has only risen a miserly £30,000 year upon year. if they moved out it could rise by 3 times that amount
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 10:56 PM

realspeed you really don't want any big companies in East Sussex. The area is beautiful (and peaceful) just as it is. Some good friends live there and I love spending time in the lovely countryside. The last thing we want is more urban sprawls over our green and pleasant pastures.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
good job should go up double that. Why? well it would force people to leave jobs in London and move well away. Firms would have to follow to get staff.

This in turn would increase house values say where I live a lot more. See forward thinking
At the moment mine over the last 3 years has only risen a miserly £30,000 year upon year. if they moved out it could rise by 3 times that amount
Ha Ha ! What a shame, you might miss out once HS2 is operational. They'll all come up north, where it's cheaper and far more beautiful.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 11:05 PM

Hs2 is probably why the fares are going up...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 11:11 PM

Already got 400 new homes being built not that far away, but thank goodness not that close to me. With those homes comes work and the price of houses rise.
More people higher house demand and rapid increase in value
We are supposed to have HS1 to Hastings in the near future

Joking apart My sister in law live in Carshalton Surrey in a smallish 3 bed mid terrace. The house next to her has just sold for £550,000 or there abouts. Stupid money for what it is so people are moving well outside the M25 ring road around London. Even houses outside that are rocketing in price forcing people to move further out even to my area now. Soon they will need ships to house them in anchored on the shoreline

Now is the time to buy up decomissioned cruise liners for extra homes
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2017, 11:47 PM

Well I think I would be more concerned about how much extra I and others would have to pay to visit relatives by train than I would about increasing the value of my house.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

15-08-2017, 11:52 PM

mags

The last time I went on a train , apart from the romney hythe and dymchurch one, was when the carriage doors had handles you turned to open them and the guard came along and slammed them shut.
Alternativly get relatives to visit you which will be cheaper for you
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 12:02 AM

mags
Possible answer is a push bike, not only environmentally friendly but will keep you fit as well.

The last time I went on a train , apart from the romney hythe and dymchurch one, was when the carriage doors had handles you turned to open them and the guard came along and slammed them shut.
Alternativly get relatives to visit you which will be cheaper for you
Then you are fortunate Realspeed, many others rely on trains due to being less mobile
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

16-08-2017, 12:10 AM

Sorry Mags I suddenly realised mobility might be a problem that so remove the first bit, but you quoted while I was doing it . Me and my big foot have done it again.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top