Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 11:41 AM

Re: Are Kisses Necessary On A Text Or Message/Email?

I just thought a x on a text was a sign of friendliness.
I always put one on texts to family or friends.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 11:43 AM

I never send text messages, as I dont ever use my mobile phone. I also never put kisses on emails or Facebook messages, which is the only way I communicate with family and friends.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 11:45 AM

That's nice carol, I think it can be just that I get a lot of texts from friends obviously they aren't kisses from them, they are just being friendly.

I think we all know what they mean depending on who sends them. I used to get a text signed lol from a lady obviously had no idea what it meant as she sent it even when someone had died.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 11:48 AM

I just don't understand why some people put kisses on e-mails, cards etc, when they aren't family or very close friends.

I only put kisses on documents sent to my kids, and siblings.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 11:58 AM

I put xx to family and friends and people I know very well but other than that I don't put them.

I remember years ago when I always used to put xx regardless of who I was sending a card to until I sent a birthday card to my boss who thought it meant more than it did. So I stopped putting them on all cards for many years.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 12:53 PM

I add them willy nilly to all sorts of things in the hope that someone, somewhere out there will send some back!
X
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I put xx to family and friends and people I know very well but other than that I don't put them.

I remember years ago when I always used to put xx regardless of who I was sending a card to until I sent a birthday card to my boss who thought it meant more than it did. So I stopped putting them on all cards for many years.
Same here - just immediate family and female close friends. (Would be weird putting them on a bloke's card)
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 01:32 PM

I don't like real kisses/hugs either and avoid them if at all possible.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I just thought a x on a text was a sign of friendliness.
I always put one on texts to family or friends.
Me too carol, think it is nice & friendly xox
Originally Posted by shirley ->
xoxShirley
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 03:39 PM

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top