Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 05:13 PM

Fishy email?

I just had a peculiar email.
It said "Sheila left a message for you via Twoo"

It said if you want to read it you have agreed to open an aco****.

I deleted it because I thought it looked fishy.

Anybody else ever seen one like this, or have any idea what it could have been?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 05:19 PM

Re: Fishy email?

I haven't seen one like that Mups but it's best to just delete it or send it to the spam folder.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 05:19 PM

It sounds just like more dodgy spam etc Mups. I'm sure if you knew the person named, she would have contacted you herself, not via some dodgy site.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 05:21 PM

I never open any e-mail from someone I don't know.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I just had a peculiar email.
It said "Sheila left a message for you via Twoo"

It said if you want to read it you have agreed to open an aco****.

I deleted it because I thought it looked fishy.

Anybody else ever seen one like this, or have any idea what it could have been?
I AM SHELIA! ...... oops! Wrong forum..

'I AM SPARTICUS!'...
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 05:46 PM

Is it coz your a cockney.

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 05:49 PM

Here you are Mups, it is similar to this . You would be wise to delete any email from an unknown source ....

I have, in the past two days. received several email messages — often from the same person — saying “___ has sent you a message from Tagged or photos from Tagged. When i called the supposed sender to ask about it, they said they did not send them & had received the same messages.

We deleted them all but have been getting more of the same messages from other friends. Is this a new virus? Where & how did it start?
http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/tagged.asp
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I AM SHELIA! ...... oops! Wrong forum..

'I AM SPARTICUS!'...

Pipe down Rehab, you're no help whatsoever!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

16-08-2017, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Here you are Mups, it is similar to this . You would be wise to delete any email from an unknown source ....

http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/tagged.asp

Thank you Meg. I will block the sender now.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2017, 05:53 PM

More ...

What Ever You Do, Don’t Sign Up To Twoo
POSTED ON JANUARY 11, 2014 BY JEFF WEIR
Hi all. Jeff here. Sorry, not an Excel post, but a warning to steer clear of email invitations from people you know to join something called ‘Twoo’. If you get an email saying “Joe Bloggs left a message for you”, then burn it. I foolishly didn’t, and clicked the link from an excel contact, Joe Bloggs…despite thinking aloud “Why the heck doesn’t Joe Bloggs just email my gmail account direct”. I then foolishly gave this service access to my gmail contacts, and next thing I know it spammed a whole bunch of my contacts (including some other email addresses I use) saying that “Jeff has sent you a message via Twoo”
Twoo, “the fastest growing place to meet new people,” has been spamming people for over a year.

Users have been complaining that they get unsolicited emails from the app, that the app messages all of their contacts without their understanding, and that it’s unclear how to delete their accounts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top