Join for free
Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2015, 11:09 PM

Re: Cricket!!!!

Ah-methinks you may not have a grasp of tactics,strategies,positioning,speed-and-bounce,along with swerve,spin,curve and swing of bowled projectiles,according to condition of ground,stance of batsman,preference of batsman for in-or-outfield positioning,whether to place a silly-mid-off or to close the option for step-and-strike by using three slips AND a long-stop-even,to an extent,having to take into consideration the tallness/stature of the batsman and likelihood of certain batting proclivities inherent therein......yes indeed,a fascinating insight into the machinations of a captain in the field's reasonings and surmisations. A GREAT shame it's now ended,to make way for bleating,sulking,disgustingly overpaid mummy's-boys,rolling in agonised trauma upon the ground due to one sock getting mud on it........do you not think?
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2015, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Ah-methinks you may not have a grasp of tactics,strategies,positioning,speed-and-bounce,along with swerve,spin,curve and swing of bowled projectiles,according to condition of ground,stance of batsman,preference of batsman for in-or-outfield positioning,whether to place a silly-mid-off or to close the option for step-and-strike by using three slips AND a long-stop-even,to an extent,having to take into consideration the tallness/stature of the batsman and likelihood of certain batting proclivities inherent therein......yes indeed,a fascinating insight into the machinations of a captain in the field's reasonings and surmisations. A GREAT shame it's now ended,to make way for bleating,sulking,disgustingly overpaid mummy's-boys,rolling in agonised trauma upon the ground due to one sock getting mud on it........do you not think?
I agree with all that, those who do not like the sound of a leather ball on a willow bat on a summers evening are dead inside.
Plus of course it is not over, one test to go.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2015, 11:42 PM

Do bowlers make great lovers?-we know where to put our fingers,depending on the conditions,and always try to hit a certain spot. Sorry that was naughty.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2015, 11:56 PM

I do think you are "testing" us all now somewhat! but any good bowler will tell you 'you must have a grip on ya balls '

and why are they called bowlers - I can understand batsman - a man with a bat but bowlers? I thought bowlers lived on bowling greens?

and where does the wicket keeper keep his wickets when the game is over well six overs!

what I like about village cricket as opposed to world cricket is the peace and tranquility - as dukeofearl said - the crack of leather on willow but all else is peace and quiet unless some silly twert shouts "Howzat" fortunately the umpire shouts nothing a mere movement of the arms and hands signifies all. pity about all those electronic things - is nothing sacred?

ah yes back to the village green - a pint of ale - a pipe and a deckchair completes the comfort and just sitting there until the next crack of leather on willow !
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 02:03 AM

Well,yes,Mr g,I must doff my titfer to that good and valid point.
The emergent proclivity for 'high-five'ing and riotous assembly,with concomitant back-slapping and hugging upon taking a wicket is,indeed,most un-British and is NOT the way a true gentleman conducts himself.

A gentle but appreciative applause for the outgoing batsman is acceptable.
The squawking histrionics so prevalent at this time,is most definitely NOT.
Damnit,a chap could spill his pint of Speckled Hen,in his amazement at such ungentlemanly and outrageous histrionics,wot!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Do bowlers make great lovers?-we know where to put our fingers,depending on the conditions,and always try to hit a certain spot. Sorry that was naughty.
Indeed, the sensual side of cricket and its similarity with the other great game, a place where gentle strokes and not unskilled wild thrashing can end in rich rewards . Which may suggest why the current "Baggy Greens" are such poor batsmen and poor lovers".
Perhaps the Aussies need a few female coaches who can teach these lads that it is more fun staying in, than a premature getting out
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

09-08-2015, 06:34 PM

'Deed,so sir,'deed so.
For was it not that renowned lothario and cricketer of unparalled excellence,Mr I Score-Everytime,who said "It's not the speed,but the technique,which brings forth the desired result"!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2015, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Indeed, the sensual side of cricket and its similarity with the other great game, a place where gentle strokes and not unskilled wild thrashing can end in rich rewards . Which may suggest why the current "Baggy Greens" are such poor batsmen and poor lovers".
Perhaps the Aussies need a few female coaches who can teach these lads that it is more fun staying in, than a premature getting out
Mike it seems to me you see sensuality in most things
Personally I would equate Cricket with chess, it is about planning your moves carefully in order to outwit your opponent.
dukeofearl
south coast uk

09-08-2015, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mike it seems to me you see sensuality in most things
Personally I would equate Cricket with chess, it is about planning your moves carefully in order to outwit your opponent.
Agree Meg I am sensual by nature and have enjoyed with good fortune sensual meanderings along the way.
Not sure about chess, that is another mind game, where unknown to the hunter they are in fact the hunted.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

10-08-2015, 02:45 AM

Ah,but therein lies the skill,y'see.
He who sets the trap,oft unwittingly springs it-which is why the St Petersburgh opening is often outwitted by a concealed but dangerous Piancetto.....as is the bowler who uses the seam at speed,only to discover the batsman had lured the move and is now 6 runs to the good....

Page 8 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top