Join for free
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 01:04 PM

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for Prime Minister???

Hi

I would like to see a change of Government at the next Election.

I cannot however vote for Corbyn.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 01:21 PM

This really made me chuckle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...II-leader.html
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tupman ->
Question. . . .What side did May campaign on during referendum?

Answer . . . Remain.... Becoming a hardliner brexiteer when she saw it could further her political ambitions.

The hypocrites are taking over everything.
Perfectly true.

There are very few MPs I would trust, and no Loonies at all.

People will be sick of me saying it, but the only person I could trust to carry through Brexit the way people voted for it, is Jacob Rees-Mogg.

It is a sad fact that many otherwise sensible people distrust JRM simply because 'he talks posh'.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
This really made me chuckle

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...II-leader.html
Compo is a clown; a dangerous clown.
Hezbollah, IRA, Momentum; just look at the sort of people he supports.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:38 AM

Matt in the Telegraph has Corbyn weighed up.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ns-march-2018/
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2018, 10:58 AM

Jeremy Corbyn for Prime Minister???

Angels and ministers of grace defend us!! (Hamlet, act 1)
Tupman
United Kingdom Surrey
Tupman is male  Tupman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2018, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perfectly true.

There are very few MPs I would trust, and no Loonies at all.

People will be sick of me saying it, but the only person I could trust to carry through Brexit the way people voted for it, is Jacob Rees-Mogg.

It is a sad fact that many otherwise sensible people distrust JRM simply because 'he talks posh'.
They don't come more Lonnie than Jacob Rees Mog and Buffoon Boris.
BoxerBoy
West Sussex UK
BoxerBoy is male  BoxerBoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2018, 08:00 PM

Sad to say the political scene in our country is dire, as indeed it is in the USA, a country we tend to mirror in many ways, and of course many other
countries have far from stable quality political landscapes.

Our choice really boils down to which of the two parties do you dislike least. There's not much to like in the current Tory party, and there is much to fear from Labour.

I think Corbyn would be a disastrous leader, but worse than that he comes as a package with McDonnell and Abbott. A triumvirate of incompetence if ever there was one. Then of course we have Momentum whose murky powers grow by the day.

Perhaps most importantly. do we want a PM whose fashion in headgear is the famed Bolshevick cap so loved by Lenin. Surely this is more than just a fashion statement by Corbyn.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

23-03-2018, 10:42 AM

The more I hear, the more I fear that our government is generally in favour of remaining under the jackboot. They probably have this attitude for the sake of personal gain. The latest evidence for this is to have our new passports produced in France, which will damage one of our own companies De La Rue.

It worries me that if the Conservatives, generally if not all, are pro-EU and the other major party, the Loonies, are similarly anti-British but in a far more insidious way, what hope is there now for this country?

The answer is in our own hands, of course, but how do we encourage the majority of people to do something about it?

If another political party that we can trust were to stand in every constituency, and the majority of voters (as in the referendum) would put any loyalties aside and vote for them, we could end up with a new government that is willing to respect the referendum result in full.

Unfortunately, no such party exists at present and in order to afford to have a member stand in every constituency, it would have to have a large financial backing.

For those reasons, I cannot see any change. We shall continue to have two main political parties, neither of which sees any advantage in supporting the people of this country and their wishes.

As I have said before, this country has had it.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2018, 11:42 AM

Corbyn is not fit to be Prime Minister. He’s weak, hes a fence sitter, he will never apologise for anything, he will never answer a question directly, he surrounds himself by loonies and hes a scruff ball.

Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top