Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 12:31 AM

Re: 'Zulu' is racist....

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Glad to hear it. One small victory for sanity.
The only sanity that was lost to be fair, was amongst the easily offended and small minded.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
The only sanity that was lost to be fair, was amongst the easily offended and small minded.
Yes. I just did the survey and see that only 7% of participants want the film banned.

The sad fact remains, though, that the authorities seem to take more notice of the minorities. Something about us all being equal!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes. I just did the survey and see that only 7% of participants want the film banned.

The sad fact remains, though, that the authorities seem to take more notice of the minorities. Something about us all being equal!
That is the problem isn't it they would rather take on the majority than the minority.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

That is the problem isn't it, generally they would rather take on the majority than the minority.

I doubt if any of the protesters were African, more likely all lefty busy bodies making life worse for black people who just want to get on with life in this Country.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That is the problem isn't it, generally they would rather take on the majority than the minority.

I doubt if any of the protesters were African, more likely all lefty busy bodies making life worse for black people who just want to get on with life in this Country.
There are too many people busy being offended on the behalf of others, who aren't offended!
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 01:30 PM

And the disgruntled remain disgruntled.................for what exactly ?
The issue has been resolved.

Worth taking a look for yourself maybe...............Isandlwana
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 01:42 PM

A lot of old films have language and behaviour not acceptable today. Talking Pictures get over this by giving a warning not an apology, before the film starts, putting the offending bits into their historical context. That's good enough for me, why can't it be good enough for everyone and, thus, stop the self-important virtue signalling and the opposed neanderthal bellowing so popular today?
poohdog
Nottinghamshire UK
poohdog is male  poohdog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 07:19 PM

There were to my recollection only two occasions in the film which could be called racist...One where Bromhead called them cowardly blacks and was very firmly put in his place by the Boer character who said...
"These are the same cowardly blacks that just wiped out your whole column at Isandlawana!"
Another comment made by the men in the hospital was firmly corrected by the character playing the Swiss Natal policeman.

In fact throughout the film the bravery and physical prowess of the warriors was mentioned several times.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by poohdog ->
There were to my recollection only two occasions in the film which could be called racist...One where Bromhead called them cowardly blacks and was very firmly put in his place by the Boer character who said...
"These are the same cowardly blacks that just wiped out your whole column at Isandlawana!"
Another comment made by the men in the hospital was firmly corrected by the character playing the Swiss Natal policeman.

In fact throughout the film the bravery and physical prowess of the warriors was mentioned several times.

Indeed. Put into context, there can be no real offence given in the film.

Just the usual 'offended by proxy' brigade sounding off, which is the one thing they excel at.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2018, 09:35 PM

One of the few war films I can watch.Both sides are treated with the respect they deserve.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top