Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 06:33 PM

Two reccomended British films

For those who enjoy a cracking good murder mystery, I recommend two old British classics.

WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION: written by Agatha Christie, starring Charles Laughton and Marlene Dietrich, is a great 'who-done-it' with a shocking surprise ending.

THE LIST OF ADRIAN MESSENGER: directed by John Huston starring George C. Scott, kirk Douglas, Clive Brook and Dana Wynter.

Charles Laughton is one of my favorite actors and Dana Wynter is always enjoyable.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 07:37 PM

Re: Two reccomended British films

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
For those who enjoy a cracking good murder mystery, I recommend two old British classics.

WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION
: written by Agatha Christie, starring Charles Laughton and Marlene Dietrich, is a great 'who-done-it' with a shocking surprise ending.

Brilliant film - the recent remake is rubbish !
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 09:09 PM

The List of Adrian Messenger is hilarious, notable mainly for its silly gimmick which makes a very average film just about enjoyable. I reckon the cost of all the cameos meant there was little left for a script/decent production, etc.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2018, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
The List of Adrian Messenger is hilarious, notable mainly for its silly gimmick which makes a very average film just about enjoyable. I reckon the cost of all the cameos meant there was little left for a script/decent production, etc.
Sorry you did not enjoy it. I like the detective work trying to figure out why the victims are being killed.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2018, 12:38 AM

The main detective work is trying to identify the cameos...Burt Lancaster as a woman gypsy fortune teller, IIRC?!?!? Ans so on.
bakerman
Mexico

03-07-2018, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
The main detective work is trying to identify the cameos...Burt Lancaster as a woman gypsy fortune teller, IIRC?!?!? Ans so on.
Sorry to disagree, BUT the true meaning of Adrian Messengers dying, garbled last words were the main problem for the detective, George C. Scott. If you zeroed in on who were the heavily made-up actors, then you missed the real mystery.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.png
Views:	44
Size:	130.3 KB
ID:	6361  

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top