Join for free
Page 23 of 42 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 08:24 AM

Re: Trump baby

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It would be difficult not to be impressed by Obama he's tall handsome and charismatic .
He's eloquent and charming and he has the perfect family to support him .

Trump does not have these qualities however it still doesn't mean that we the British people ( to gratify a small group of idiots ) should insult him as POTUS.
That's very true Muddy, you insult the man then you insult the country. By all means argue against his policies but just to insult and deride the man is childish and infantile, the stuff of school playgrounds.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
In towns which are predominantly Pakistanis
They weren't raping their own young girls were they ?
They weren't threatening to burn down young Pakistani girls homes .
He whole blooming community know what was going on and said nothing .

This is racism
Girls of another RACE were abused .
Perfectly true.

However, those who like to use the accusation of 'racist' are of the opinion that only white people can be racist.

There is also the fact that the word 'racist' has become so overused now that such accusations are meaningless.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 02:24 PM

Cost of his three day visit. 30 million.
Police under enough strain.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...HDg?li=BBoPRmx
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 03:33 PM

Where my daughter works there is already a heavy police presence and increased security. Tomorrow there is to be a rehearsal of the entire arrival. She is just so thankful that she had already previously booked Weds, Thursday and Friday as holiday, at least she wont be subjected to the searches. The entire cost must be horrendous.

An extra comment about racism or prejudice. I heard today that the only people in today’s society who do not have to fight for their rights are White MEN.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Where my daughter works there is already a heavy police presence and increased security. Tomorrow there is to be a rehearsal of the entire arrival. She is just so thankful that she had already previously booked Weds, Thursday and Friday as holiday, at least she wont be subjected to the searches. The entire cost must be horrendous.

An extra comment about racism or prejudice. I heard today that the only people in today’s society who do not have to fight for their rights are White MEN.
OK so there is a heavy police presence where your daughter works.

Think this would apply to any State visit but a week before sounds very odd.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 04:06 PM

Very true.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
OK so there is a heavy police presence where your daughter works.

Think this would apply to any State visit but a week before sounds very odd.
It is an airfield, very many acres to check and proect. Nothing odd whatsoever, it happens on visits from all Heads of State, only this one is worse than ever.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 04:25 PM

This got me thinking that there is a large faction of blue collar workers who believe that they have lost their right to work in this country and now have to fight for it. A majority of them live in the northeast "Rust Belt", which used to be the steel and manufacturing center of the country. Their primary and valid complaint is that as manufacturing disappeared and technology made some jobs obsolete, so did their opportunities to make a living wage.

While they are not as organized as they once were (unions died as the sectors they represented died), the widespread nature of this problem became apparent when they came out in force and voted for Trump. In their minds, he offered economic and trade solutions that would reverse a growing trend of unemployment among the high school educated, working class.

Obviously, the election results were a shock to most, but if you push aside the red herrings surrounding Trump the man (ugh), there is a very real, growing, and ignored issue of the right/need to work and the ability of men to be able to provide for their families.

Men don't have to fight for their rights? I'm not so sure.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2018, 04:28 PM

It is an airfield, very many acres to check and proect. Nothing odd whatsoever, it happens on visits from all Heads of State, only this one is worse than ever.
Of course it will an security check on Any head of States visit.

Your daughter must have had this happen before my I ask why this one is worse than any other?
CeeCee
UK

08-07-2018, 04:45 PM

SM, I was referring to racism and prejudice, not in terms of employment.

Page 23 of 42 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top