Join for free
Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 06:41 PM

Re: Floydy in the Hot Seat.

Carol - I'm okay with you ending the thread whenever, if others feel they want to move on from my spot of fame
Up to you folks. I'm happy either way
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 07:19 PM

You're doing great Floydy. I don't think we've had enough of you yet. We'll carry on till Tuesday evening as was the original plan.

Here's another question: How long were you in the RAF and what did you do?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
You're doing great Floydy. I don't think we've had enough of you yet. We'll carry on till Tuesday evening as was the original plan.

Here's another question: How long were you in the RAF and what did you do?
No problem at all Carol, it's good fun

I served 12 years in the RAF. My trade was Supplies & Movements which covered everything from technical, electronic and maintenance supplies to aircraft and vehicles. There were other areas too such as clothing and refuelling duties.
On the Movements side I would ensure that aircraft were fully operational with all the equipment they needed for operation and I would order, supply and arrange transport for items to be despatched to overseas bases.

I did tours at RAF Northolt (The Queen's airbase), Brampton and Waddington. I did overseas tours and detachments in Belize (twice) and Italy (7 times, for the Kosovo War crisis).

I left the RAF after 12 years as I had recently got married and my wife wanted to remain at home with family. At 60 I will be eligible for a pension and hopefully that will enable me to go part-time.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 08:57 PM

Hi Floydy,
What would be your ideal holiday? Active, as in sports, skiing, water sports etc. Beach. Lounging by the pool with a book, and a pint or cocktail. Visiting the local sights (historical, architectural buildings).
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 09:02 PM

Floydy, do you read a lot? and what sort of books do you read?

Fiction
Murder
Romance
Comedy
Non fiction
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 09:57 PM

Good answer to the reincarnation question, there is a closet philosopher tucked away in there.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

15-07-2018, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Good answer to the reincarnation question, there is a closet philosopher tucked away in there.
It was a very interesting question, Spitfire. Made me think quite hard about that one
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

15-07-2018, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Hi Floydy,
What would be your ideal holiday? Active, as in sports, skiing, water sports etc. Beach. Lounging by the pool with a book, and a pint or cocktail. Visiting the local sights (historical, architectural buildings).
Hi Jazzi, thank you for your question
I do like plenty of time to relax and sit in the sun with some beers at a bar or on the balcony, it is rather like sweating out all the work I've had to do the previous year - my reward if you like.
But I get restless lounging around by the pool all day too. Mrs. Floydy enjoys it but I sometimes decide to go exploring up a mountain road or somewhere. Love all that.

My ideal holiday though would probably be to drive along the Pacific Coast Highway in the USA. Or Route 66.
I always said if I won millions on the lottery I would hire a driver and a big Winnebago and a few of us would spend a year touring America; a week in each state.
That would be a dream
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

15-07-2018, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Floydy, do you read a lot? and what sort of books do you read?

Fiction
Murder
Romance
Comedy
Non fiction
Hi Susie.

I mostly enjoy reading autobiographies, mostly by musicians but by others too depending on whether I think the author has plenty to talk about.
My favourite book by a rock star is Keith Richards' "Life", which came out about five years ago. He and people such as Pete Townshend and Bruce Springsteen you know are going to be totally truthful and provide a good read.

However, my favourite novel of all-time is "The Pillars of the Earth" by Ken Follett. An epic adventure set in the Middle Ages. Classic book.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 03:03 AM

What would you do in a week if you were told you only had a week to live?

Page 13 of 20 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top