Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 12:45 PM

Re: New Challenge - Ruins or Abandoned Buildings

I think this is part of Tintagel castle....I'm sure I have better ones but they'd need scanning in.

DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 02:27 PM

The ruins of Tynemouth Priory with the Red Arrows

Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2018, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by DWebb ->
It was certainly interesting Tiffany

Thanks Pesta Yes you can roam around the town on your own, Some of the buildings are open like the shop and church so you can wander inside those, others like the school and hotel which are shown in the photos you have to look at through windows, there are a few staff there as it’s designated a National state park. I seem to remember paying a fee at the entry gate. It is a bit out of the way though, west of Yosemite, on a turn off just North of Mono Lake from the I395, turn off is near Dog town, well worth a visit if in the area though. I managed to take the writing turn off which meant quite a few miles of unsealed road
I have drove past it before as only became aware of it after seeing it on a Ray Mears TV program.
Presumably the falling down ones aren't suitable for roaming around? - 'elf and safety and all that

I'd love to go and have a roam, but I'll never get there so it's great to see your pictures.
DWebb
North East, UK
DWebb is male  DWebb has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Presumably the falling down ones aren't suitable for roaming around? - 'elf and safety and all that

I'd love to go and have a roam, but I'll never get there so it's great to see your pictures.
That is a shame but it is a bit out of the way! There are quite a few of these ghost town in the US where the Gold boom hit and then disappeared just as quickly, I am glad you liked the pictures anyway
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 11:36 AM

This was a house that was demolished in my old road, it struck me that the only thing left standing was a shelf with wellies on, echos of the family that lived there.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 11:38 AM

In Exeter
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

16-07-2018, 11:50 AM

[url=https://postimages.org/]

Part of Bishops Palace gardens in Wells, Somerset
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

14-10-2018, 02:10 PM

St Catherine's Chapel, Exeter

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2018, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I think this is part of Tintagel castle....I'm sure I have better ones but they'd need scanning in.

I have been to Tintagel, but I have never been to the castle. Perhaps I should have gone there.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top