Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:39 PM

Re: General election

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You're right, but he has said that he will be back unless May's version of Brexit isn't ditched.
I am afraid that he will have lost some supporters though, by leaving in the first place. I had started to trust that he really had some good ideas on how to handle it, but I now have doubts and think that, because his other potential ways of earning have disappeared, he may now be just trying to feather his own nest!

Any politician that wants my trust, needs to show that he deserves it, or I will vote for the best of a bad bunch!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
If we all took the attitude of " If you didn't listen to my vote the first time, then I am not playing so I wont vote again" it will show that the leavers didn't really understand what they had voted for and it was right to get another vote.!
lol wat !

How does standing up for the core fundamental principle of democracy equate to Leavers not understanding what they voted for ?!

There can not be a 2nd referendum, it would simply underpin the truth that democracy does not exist here and the powers that be already have all hell on to try and pacify the dumb masses as it is.

They have to fudge BrExit with as much damage limitation as possible trying desperately to appease both Leavers and Remainers.

There isn't going to be any BrExit so Remainers should really not have any worries but like most of the populous they are conditioned and stupefied living in the "Matrix".

If you believe in democracy then you simply can not condone a 2nd referendum. The implications of having one would be utterly disastrous. I'm talking serious civil war/unrest here that would impact everyone.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:50 PM

I am afraid that he will have lost some supporters though, by leaving in the first place. I had started to trust that he really had some good ideas on how to handle it, but I now have doubts and think that, because his other potential ways of earning have disappeared, he may now be just trying to feather his own nest!

Any politician that wants my trust, needs to show that he deserves it, or I will vote for the best of a bad bunch!
I'm not sure that was the reason. I suspect that he thought that, having procured a referendum - which the leavers won - his job was done, and even the existence of UKIP was no longer necessary.

Now, of course, that seems not to be the case.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
If you believe in democracy then you simply can not condone a 2nd referendum. The implications of having one would be utterly disastrous. I'm talking serious civil war/unrest here that would impact everyone.

Cameron made it quite clear what the referendum meant although, of course, he was fully expecting a 'remain' majority.

Nevertheless, the promise was made and should be respected, even though he has been replaced by another remainiac.

Although she is hoping to please everyone, I can see nothing good for anyone coming from May's actions.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
lol wat !

How does standing up for the core fundamental principle of democracy equate to Leavers not understanding what they voted for ?!

There can not be a 2nd referendum, it would simply underpin the truth that democracy does not exist here and the powers that be already have all hell on to try and pacify the dumb masses as it is.

They have to fudge BrExit with as much damage limitation as possible trying desperately to appease both Leavers and Remainers.

There isn't going to be any BrExit so Remainers should really not have any worries but like most of the populous they are conditioned and stupefied living in the "Matrix".

Realist, you have already told us that democracy doesn't exist, so why are you so against the second referendum. After all you agree that whichever way we vote we won't, in effect, have anybody listen to what people want... so why make a fuss about defending democracy, when you have already told us that it never existed on this topic?

I think I understand people better than you, and I felt that many will change their minds, on which way they vote, because they are sick of all fighting. The remainers will then say " they changed their mind because they hadn't understood what they were voting for" when in fact most will do it because they are fed up that the British government can't handle the job!

I was not condoning a 2nd referendum, just pointing out facts

What do you intend to do to stop a 2nd referendum? If you have a good idea of a suitable action your post may be worth reading!

Do try to stop being a drama queen!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-07-2018, 01:22 PM

I think I understand people better than you, and I felt that many will change their minds, on which way they vote, because they are sick of all fighting. The remainers will then say " they changed their mind because they hadn't understood what they were voting for" when in fact most will do it because they are fed up that the British government can't handle the job!
This is exactly why I object to a second referendum.

There is also the possibility that the second referendum might be cleverly worded by the government (who, let us remember, is led by a staunch remainiac) to influence the outcome to suit their own preferences.

But what sticks mostly in my mind is how the EU supporters managed to reverse the initial decision to leave the EU by Ireland. They did this, of course, by demanding repeated referenda until the vote was to remain.

And then the referenda, not surprisingly, stopped!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

16-07-2018, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
This is exactly why I object to a second referendum.

There is also the possibility that the second referendum might be cleverly worded by the government (who, let us remember, is led by a staunch remainiac) to influence the outcome to suit their own preferences.

But what sticks mostly in my mind is how the EU supporters managed to reverse the initial decision to leave the EU by Ireland. They did this, of course, by demanding repeated referenda until the vote was to remain.

And then the referenda, not surprisingly, stopped!
I was never suggesting that there should be a second referendum, I was merely pointing out that it could change the vote & we may not be able to stop it! Realist made a mistake in assuming I was condoning one.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by caricature ->
Like it or not at some stage in the future (could be sooner than later whether we want or not),but nonetheless its a coming,the question I'm raising is, if its as seems likely that there is to be a fudge on Brexit will this sway you to change parties if you voted Tories the last time.

Myself, we only have a choice down here between the tories and lib's,so either way we get the same imo.
Same here in the Shires. The Tories have been sitting tenants for all of my 69 years. However, our MP, Owen Patterson, has my respect and my vote because he is a Brexit supporter.

However, if Nigel were to return and May was still going ahead with her betrayal, I would most definitely vote for his party on principle, even if it meant Labour ending up with an overall majority. She would be the downfall of the Tory party and have no-one to blame but herself.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-07-2018, 02:23 PM

I was never suggesting that there should be a second referendum, I was merely pointing out that it could change the vote & we may not be able to stop it! Realist made a mistake in assuming I was condoning one.
I think I was agreeing with you, Twinky!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-07-2018, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
However, if Nigel were to return and May was still going ahead with her betrayal, I would most definitely vote for his party on principle, even if it meant Labour ending up with an overall majority. She would be the downfall of the Tory party and have no-one to blame but herself.
I tend towards the same opinion.

Some assure us that if any of us vote for UKIP, the Loonies will automatically get into government!

They conveniently forget that many Labour voters would change loyalty to UKIP.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top