Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 07:16 PM

Re: Escalators? Do You Love Them Or Hate Them?

I think this is the escalator that scared me! It was so steep and fast. I don’t mind escalators normally! You should have seen the queue mounting up behind me when l hovered at the top!!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	12403E33-AAA5-42FC-AA02-85A568D32C95.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	6521  
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think this is the escalator that scared me! It was so steep and fast. I don’t mind escalators normally! You should have seen the queue mounting up behind me when l hovered at the top!!
OMG Art, I am petrified of those!!!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
OMG Art, I am petrified of those!!!!
Sweetie, Thanks, you make me feel better!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 08:37 PM

I can never work out when to get on an escalator I am ok once I am on there but stand for ages watching the steps loom up in front of me worried about standing on the edge of a step.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 08:45 PM

Hmmm... I have absolutely no problems with escalators. I'd much rather step on an escalator than walk up or down the same number of steps.

I haven't been afraid of them since I was a toddler when I'd have to hop over the last bit in fear that they would swallow me up.

The only funny thing is when you walk up stationary escalators where one side isn't working and you feel a bit like you are moving even though they aren't and you know they are just like stairs. It's a bit like when you are sitting on a train that is at a station but the train next to you moves. You get disorientated for a second thinking it's your train that moves.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 08:50 PM

I don’t mind escalators but I can’t go in a lift if I’m on my own. I have a fear of the lift breaking down and I’m stuck in there on my own.

Maybe I’ve watched too many lift disaster fillms
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 08:56 PM

My dad was a lift engineer and I worked with him for a while. We would ride on the top of the lifts while we tested them or oiled the guides etc.
Even though my dad was a lift engineer my mum would never ride in a lift.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:02 PM

Oh Art , I was the same , my kids took me into London and we went on the escolators , they are sooo high and steep and the speed I felt I was being thrown off at the end , I had to take a breath and prepare to almost summersault , it was just too much so the little uns held my hand . Thank goodness for my little shops and quiet town
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

16-07-2018, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Oh Art , I was the same , my kids took me into London and we went on the escolators , they are sooo high and steep and the speed I felt I was being thrown off at the end , I had to take a breath and prepare to almost summersault , it was just too much so the little uns held my hand . Thank goodness for my little shops and quiet town
Susan, I am glad you felt the same as me!
You get on and feel relieved, then you are shouted at if you don’t stand to the right.
I didn’t have any trouble getting off, it was getting on that was the problem. It is better if someone pulls you on!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 09:54 PM

Dogs are not allowed on escalators unless you carry them. Max is almost 37 kg. He is perfectly happy in a lift.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top