Join for free
Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 07:57 PM

Re: Floydy in the Hot Seat.

Did you listen to the Nick Mason interview on Radio6 music on Sunday?

I caught it whilst driving down to Kielder Forest and you crossed my mind!!

Also, on the way back there was a Radio 6 music programme about Psychadelia and they played 'Remember A Day' from the A Saucerful of Secrets album.......not one you hear too often!!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 08:12 PM

Are you any good at Arts and Crafts, Sketching, Painting, making things etc.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
I was going to ask you what the first concert you saw but.
Which concerts would you like to go back in time to see again?

Is Nelly's Bar still in Beverley?
Hi mate.

Of the concerts I've seen, I still remember Bruce Springsteen at Wembley in 1985 as being one of the best. I saw him three times altogether, but that first time I'd definitely see again.

If we're talking about infamous concerts that I wish I'd been at then it would have to be David Bowie's final outing as Ziggy Stardust in 1973, The Beatles at Shea Stadium, led Zeppelin at Knebworth '79 and Live Aid. Also, I never saw Pink Floyd as a functioning band, so seeing the group in the 1970's would have been fantastic. Just too young to have done all that, wish I was 10 years older sometimes!

Nellie's, or to give it its correct name 'The White Horse' is still a thriving and functioning Samuel Smith's bar in Beverley. I was in there just last month actually. A pint of Old Brewery bitter is still only £2.25!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
What’s one thing about the opposite sex that you’re attracted to?
I have to be careful what I say here don't I? ...

Apart from looks, I'll go for companionship. They keep oneself on the straight and narrow. My wife does anyway!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-07-2018, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
would you make a good public speaker or be too nervous
No I'm terrible in front of a group of people. I've had to do presentations in the past at work and I just close up.
However, when it came to speaking at my father's funeral, I put together what was judged by other mourners as a very fine eulogy.
No. I'm not comfortable if I need to speak in public.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-07-2018, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Did you listen to the Nick Mason interview on Radio6 music on Sunday?

I caught it whilst driving down to Kielder Forest and you crossed my mind!!

Also, on the way back there was a Radio 6 music programme about Psychadelia and they played 'Remember A Day' from the A Saucerful of Secrets album.......not one you hear too often!!
Nick Mason is of course doing a few dates with his "Saucerful of Secrets" band, playing the earlier songs of Pink Floyd to smaller concert halls. I'd love to have seen one of those shows but I haven't had the chance to get there. It's not essentially the cost, it's getting time off work.
Had some great reviews though!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-07-2018, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Are you any good at Arts and Crafts, Sketching, Painting, making things etc.
Hi Susie
No, I'm terrible with painting because I'm left-handed and smudge everything!
My mother was incredibly gifted at all things art and craft. She was a dressmaker by trade, but she would paint many pictures, exhibit them too and work with oils, water, collage you name it.
She would make soft toys and other things as well and had a shop for a while selling her works.
My father was a joiner by trade and although I can bang a few bits of wood together I don't have the patience as a carpenter.
I'm adequate at most DIY tasks though.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 11:10 PM

How do things stand now with the work colleague you fell out with?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

16-07-2018, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
How do things stand now with the work colleague you fell out with?
Hi Carol.
That's a long time ago. We don't have anything to do with each other.
You put your trust in someone for years and one day they throw it all in your face. I have no respect for him. End of story.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2018, 11:49 PM

Would you rather explore a new planet or the deepest parts of the ocean? Why?

This is the last question from me Floyd, you have been very interesting and thank you for answering my questions.....

Blue x

Page 16 of 20 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top