Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2018, 10:18 AM

Re: Did or have your parents reached a good age?

I know they have cut right back, but the Queen and Prince Philip must surely have led stressful lives with all those visits they made and the receiving of guests, too.

I couldn't cope with public meetings, the most I have done is be the speaker or the chairman of an AA meeting of perhaps 50 people. That wasn't stress-free although it became quite normal after a while.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
I wonder how the Royals, even with access to the best medical care, live to great ages.

Well, except Princess Margaret but even she lived to 71 despite her habits.
I think its because they have never had to lift a finger, they have the best of everything, they have no stress about worrying whether they can pay the mortgage or fill the car with fuel to get to work.

They have immediate medical assistance if required.

Both the queen and DOE have straight backs which is rare in such elderly people. I look at my old auntie who spent her life working on the land in freezing cold fields picking sprouts and its no wonder she was bent double.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 09:14 AM

Some very grand old ages on here!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 09:20 AM

My father died at age 29, my mother at 98. I am shortly to be 80, but I certainly wont achieve my mother’s age.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 09:25 AM

My mother was 82 when she died. My dad was 79 when he died.

I wonder how much longer they would have lived, if they both hadn’t contracted MRSA in two different hospitals.
Vaniy
Spain
Vaniy is male  Vaniy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 09:29 AM

My father died 84 mother still going strong at 94 still lives on her own bright as a button
Up to last year still flew out to Spain but does not like the airport hassle
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2018, 10:42 AM

The lady who saved my life from a bolting carthorse when I was two is 101 next month. She is very on the ball having all her marbles intact.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top