Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 04:16 PM

Re: Ramadan

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
Trouble is myra quite a few schools in london have grave concerns on many muslim pupils that stick to strict rules during Ramadan , loads of schools have voiced their concerns on children health and wellbeing , childrens welbeing comes first

Fair enough Markey. If I'm being honest I have to say that this town does not appear to have many Muslims. At least when my sons were at school then there were only 2 in the whole school that I was aware of. It must be very different in London. Yes, also if Im honest then it doesn't seem quite right that children are being made to fast. A child's a child and full of energy. This is when choice comes in. Being old enough to choose your faith. It's a touchy subject, but one which any decent parents will help their child through.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Marj, that sounds like me when I'm on a diet
I didn't hear that Myra
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Markey1 ->
Many schools are voicing their concerns with young pupils that are not eating during Ramadan ,
Pr-pubescent children do not have to fast during Ramadan they are totally exempt.

Older children may fast if they wish to do so - it is not compulsory and it is recommended that they only fast for half a day.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 10:50 PM

I'm fast out of here!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 10:45 AM

One of our plot holders was talking about fasting the other week, saying his wife was unable to do so. As her husband, he donated to charity instead. I believe this is something they do, make a donation if they are unable to do the fast.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top