Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 03:58 PM

Re: Two or three courses

Originally Posted by Myra ->
We only have to look at hospital portion sizes to realise we tend to heap far too much on the plate. They definitely can afford to have a two courser.
I wouldn't have thought you'd have much of an appetite being in hospital anyway
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I wouldn't have thought you'd have much of an appetite being in hospital anyway
Why? Not at all. With some patients it's the only thing they look forward to. Not everyone loses their appetite in hospital Mags!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 04:03 PM

Why? Not at all. With some patients it's the only thing they look forward to. Not everyone loses their appetite in hospital Mags!
I would think the majority had some loss of appetite if they were ill though...
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 04:04 PM

I would think the majority had some loss of appetite if they were ill though...
25 years of working in a ward I can say some, but not all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

28-06-2015, 04:11 PM

25 years of working in a ward I can say some, but not all.
It's no big thing Myra, just pointing out that sick people with illnesses are often unable to eat proper meals
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 04:18 PM

At home I invariably like a dessert after my main meal, but it could be something extremely light, like a few spoonfuls of ice cream, or fruit with evaporated milk, jelly, or Angel Delight.

I am looking forward to, or dreading really, when I get to Bournemouth for my September holiday, as it's delicious soup, with a roll, a filling main course, then a heavy pudding!! And it's a 6.30 serving. Wonderful meals there, but which I couldn't repeat at home. Too much.

I end up having to take a walk down to the beach afterwards to walk some of it off.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 04:19 PM

Because I have never had a big appetite I often order 2 starters, one for a starter and one for main course. This way I don't have to sit and watch others eating. I never have room for pudding, although I have been known to just order a starter and a pud.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

28-06-2015, 04:20 PM

It's no big thing Myra, just pointing out that sick people with illnesses are often unable to eat proper meals
It isn't Mags. It's you that's harking back to it lol.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

28-06-2015, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Because I have never had a big appetite I often order 2 starters, one for a starter and one for main course. This way I don't have to sit and watch others eating. I never have room for pudding, although I have been known to just order a starter and a pud.

That does make sense Val. A starter and a pud. Starters are a meal on their own these days. We had fish soup on holiday recently, with bread, and it was like a main course. When the main course came then I could only pick at it. The manager was upset because I didn't finish the main course, but I said it was because it was all too much. I won't do that again.
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 04:31 PM

I get overfaced by a large portion Myra. If I mention it they usually tell me to leave what I can't eat but that's not the point, the fact that there's too much on the plate puts me off eating, plus the fact that I don't like to waste food.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top