Join for free
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 01:29 PM

Wife has run away

My wife has run away - but only for a couple of weeks .

Now that the garden is established and everything is growing well, she reconed that it would be a good time to visit the girls in the Midlands. DD1 then suggested that they should have a proper holiday and she would arrange it. It came down to Paris or Porto and it looks like Porto won.

Anyway, Dianne is off to Manchester to spend some time with both girls and then she and DD1 are off to Porto. The fact that port is produced there might have something to do with it. DD2 + partner went there last year and thoroughly recommended it.

However, no wild parties for me - weather permitting, I'm replacing the roof on the outhouse.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 04:03 PM

Re: Wife has run away

Can't you jump into the motor home and have a few days away yourself? Or do repairs beckon then?

Hope she has a nice time.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 04:07 PM

You'll miss each other Grumble. It'll be like a second honeymoon when your wife comes back
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 04:51 PM

No worries Myra. We spent plenty of time apart when I was working, but we're still enjoying holidays using the air miles and hotel points that I earned!

Jazzi - bit of a dilema. If the weather's good, I really should get the repairs done. (I've got the materials left in), and if it's bad, then I won't want to go away.

I'll book somewhere for when she's back and we're going to Lisbon to celebrate my 65th. in Sept. That will be 3 foreign holidays she's having this year. This woman is getting expensive!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 04:56 PM

....but bet she's worth it! Lots to look forward to.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top