Join for free
Page 210 of 754 « First < 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 710 > Last »
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 11:23 AM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Roxy it sounds that you might live near Wick ???? My friend has ambitious plans to visit Wick next year ... eeeeeek !!!! It's a 13 hour train trip from Manchester so I won't be joining her
Yes Myrltle, Wick is over on the East Coast about 20 odd miles. There's a massive, and I mean massive 24hr Tesco there on the outskirts and I go there about once a month to really stock up. There's a wee Tesco and a Co-op in Thurso but they are more like corner shops with limited stock..
When I go there I also take the dog and take a walk over to the ruins of Castle Sinclair (Girnigoe) as I love poking about old castles. Your friend might like to visit there, it's well worth the hoof..
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 12:58 PM

Good morning

Thanks for the information Roxy ... I'll pass it on to my friend ... if you have any more hints and tips about a visit to Wick I'd love to hear them.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 02:20 PM

I don't really know too much about Wick, but they do run great boat trips daily from the harbour, it goes into all the caves and pokey wee places, it's very popular. You can, and should ,book online to do the Maxi Tour to Orkney for the day. Boat leaves John o Groats about 8.30am and back around 8pm,. It takes in all the sights, Scarra Brae, Ring of Brodgar, Italian Chappel and more. You get an hour or so in Stromness for lunch and another hour to shop in Kirkwall or see the cathedral.. Heading to Thurso there's the castle ruins there and the huge waves at the Reef that the Surfers love, Cliff walks and lots of sea birds Puffins are fabby. Then there's the Sea Stacks at Duncansby, lot's of Lighthouses to visit. I love the walk from the A9 car park through the hills to the Highland Clearance Village of Badbea, steeped in history and kind of sad to visit, but again worth it. For a great evening meal out you need to drive to Scrabster and book to the Ferry Inn, one wall is all glass overlooking the busy harbour. Lovely place. There's the Castle of Mey that the Queen Mum owned and used for holidays, there's Dunrobin Castle and Falconry. But she really needs to Google the area.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 04:25 PM

Thanks Roxy ... she will have to depend on local buses whilst she's there so lots of "googling" required.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

20-07-2017, 04:57 PM

There's an hourly bus runs between Wick and Thurso but that's the only one I know about. Just make sure to tell her to take a pair of comfy hiking boots with her, as most people do a lot of hoofing when they come lol. She'll also find the air is different, it's so clean and it seems to tire visitors out, they sleep like logs lol.. If she comes off season she'll likely get to see the Aurora, it dances a lot towards winter......Beautiful.. If she can drive then she needs to hire a car to see everything...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVsONlc3OUY
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 06:05 PM

Evenin' All...Can't say I know much about Wick Lassies...except I've known some Folk who get on Mine

My fly-mo' died a death the other day so ordered another different type from Argos,but I didn't know I'd have to assemble it Myself...jeeze..wharra palaver..I still have a bit left over and don't have a clue where the hell it fits.....It's also bigger and heavier than My old one though it has a bigger grass box...I'm fair jiggered out.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Evenin' All...Can't say I know much about Wick Lassies...except I've known some Folk who get on Mine

My fly-mo' died a death the other day so ordered another different type from Argos,but I didn't know I'd have to assemble it Myself...jeeze..wharra palaver.I still have. a bit left over and don't have a clue where the hell it fit...It's also bigger and heavier than My old one ths..ough it has a bigger grass box...I'm fair jiggered out.
Snigggggggggger.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Snigggggggggger.
It's very cruel to laugh at a young apprentice like Moi...Ya cheeky bugger ....I've done the front,back,side lawns without any mishaps...so...I guess it's just a spare part they put in by mistake
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk

25-07-2017, 06:24 PM

Hello
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
It's very cruel to laugh at a young apprentice like Moi...Ya cheeky bugger ....I've done the front,back,side lawns without any mishaps...so...I guess it's just a spare part they put in by mistake
Should have gotta.

Page 210 of 754 « First < 110 160 200 208 209 210 211 212 220 260 310 710 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top