Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 10:13 AM

Ramadan

Listening to some British Muslims talking about what Ramadan means to them is like a breath of fresh air. A time for reflection and giving. A family time. A wonderful practise in so many ways.

Shame its being spoiled by so called Muslim extremists.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 10:54 AM

Re: Ramadan

I feel sorry for them when Ramadan falls at this time of year - they have to go so long without food or drink. Must be easier in Winter when the days are shorter.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I feel sorry for them when Ramadan falls at this time of year - they have to go so long without food or drink. Must be easier in Winter when the days are shorter.

I guess we need more fuel in the winter ...............
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 12:51 PM

Many years ago I worked in a factory making cardboard boxes and when Ramadan came around there were some Muslims that were very strict but I can remember one or two hiding in the boxes eating Fish and Chips I kid you not.

The smell gave them away lol and they held up there finger to there mouth to say sush, we never ever gave them away.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 01:36 PM

I have every admiration for them, and extremely hard thing to do, but after a few days it changes they are used to it and it comes to them as second nature.
They do not go hungry, they eat and drink all night if the wish, only adults fast, children are exempt and women at certain times needn't fast.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
Many years ago I worked in a factory making cardboard boxes and when Ramadan came around there were some Muslims that were very strict but I can remember one or two hiding in the boxes eating Fish and Chips I kid you not.

The smell gave them away lol and they held up there finger to there mouth to say sush, we never ever gave them away.
Marj, that sounds like me when I'm on a diet
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

28-06-2015, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I have every admiration for them, and extremely hard thing to do, but after a few days it changes they are used to it and it comes to them as second nature.
They do not go hungry, they eat and drink all night if the wish, only adults fast, children are exempt and women at certain times needn't fast.
I have admiration for them too. Can't think of anything like that in our culture? Lent has tiny similarities. Does more good than harm.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 03:57 PM

Many schools are voicing their concerns with young pupils that are not eating during Ramadan ,
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

28-06-2015, 04:00 PM

Markey, I suppose it must be difficult in that situation. I'm actually impressed that children are sticking to it, when some adults don't. I remember a doctor pinching a chocolate and eating it whilst supposedly fasting. The children will be able to eat later in the day, which is a comfort.
Markey1
London
Markey1 is male  Markey1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Markey, I suppose it must be difficult in that situation. I'm actually impressed that children are sticking to it, when some adults don't. I remember a doctor pinching a chocolate and eating it whilst supposedly fasting. The children will be able to eat later in the day, which is a comfort.

Trouble is myra quite a few schools in london have grave concerns on many muslim pupils that stick to strict rules during Ramadan , loads of schools have voiced their concerns on children health and wellbeing , childrens welbeing comes first

Many schools have banned children from fasting at schools during Ramadan due to health concerns

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top