Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 07:10 PM

Pseudomonia Infection

Has anyone suffered from it? I have had leg ulcers for the past year and they won't heal so I now have compression bandaging. I have had the P. infection in my legs for about six months now and antibiotics don't seem to clear it. The nurses are trying silver dressings at the moment but they don't seem to be doing much either.

I just wondered if anyone else has suffered with it.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 07:56 PM

Re: Pseudomonia Infection

Sorry to hear that Alicat. I don't know much about it, but know that honey dressings are very popular these days. I hope you find the right treatment soon. Your tissue viability nurse will know what to do next x
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Has anyone suffered from it? I have had leg ulcers for the past year and they won't heal so I now have compression bandaging. I have had the P. infection in my legs for about six months now and antibiotics don't seem to clear it. The nurses are trying silver dressings at the moment but they don't seem to be doing much either.
Do you mean Pseudomonas infection?

It can be hard to treat because the bacteria can resist many types of antibiotics.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 08:41 AM

Hi Alicat, sorry to hear this. Hope something can be found to relieve your pain and discomfort.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->

I just wondered if anyone else has suffered with it.
I have read reports of Manuka honey spread on the ulcer and covered by bandage - works for a lot of people .......
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 10:42 AM

Hi. I used this forum before my leg ulcer was biopsied (at last!!) and it turned out to be a large bcc. Now recovering from full depth skin graft.

It's a useful forum...http://patient.info/forums/discuss/p...m_medium=email
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Myra ->
Sorry to hear that Alicat. I don't know much about it, but know that honey dressings are very popular these days. I hope you find the right treatment soon. Your tissue viability nurse will know what to do next x
Thanks Myra, yes I have seen the tissue and viability nurse, she said compression bandaging is the only thing that will heal my ulcers.

Thank you for your reply
Alicat
West Berkshire

30-06-2015, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pats ->
Do you mean Pseudomonas infection?

It can be hard to treat because the bacteria can resist many types of antibiotics.
Sorry Pats, I may have spelt it wrong, what silly names they call these things. The antibiotics so far haven't worked on me, they are using dressings with silver in at the moment.

Thank you for your reply
Alicat
West Berkshire

30-06-2015, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Hi Alicat, sorry to hear this. Hope something can be found to relieve your pain and discomfort.
Thanks Jazzi
Alicat
West Berkshire

30-06-2015, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I have read reports of Manuka honey spread on the ulcer and covered by bandage - works for a lot of people .......
Thanks for your reply Patsy They did try Manuka honey in the beginning but I don't think it did much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top