Join for free
Page 79 of 370 « First < 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 10:06 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

The man at the garage asked if I could bring my car in early this morning for it's annual service and MOT. He suggested 8:15am. 'But Thursday is my running day' I thought, and was frantically working out what time I needed to set off in order to complete an eight mile run before delivering my vehicle into his capable hands.

So with flashes of light beginning to form across the eastern sky, at 6:15am I began my run. Overnight the wind had howled around the house and rain had rattled against the window, for some reason every previous Thursday had been a wet one and as I lay in bed I had no reason to suspect that todays run would be any different.

The streetlights were still scattering their light on the rain soaked ground beneath, but as I glanced skyward I could see the remains of the night sky with some bright stars still visible. The angry clouds had gone now and the wind was nothing more than a gentle breeze, and although no records were threatened this morning, it turned out to be a very satisfying run indeed with the added bonus of a brilliant sunrise.

This run had been greatly enhanced by the sight of a wonderful sunrise, the thought of Surfermoms beautifully sculptured legs, and the migrating habits of thousands of Monarch Butterflies. My motor was delivered on time and I await the results.......And all before 8:30am.....Let Thursday begin.....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 03:23 AM

While most would consider a pre-dawn run splashing through the chilly puddles as misery, a keen writer's eye, an athlete's determination, and the zen of mind and body can make it sound like pure bliss. Beautifully described, OGF, and thank you for running in my sted! I have twelve days left, and am agonizingly jealous. May your car have as excellent health marks as her driver!

The challenge of two week of recovery is not to lose muscle mass and endurance. I am not sure what four miles of daily walking will do for the endurance after two weeks, but this does afford me time to concentrate on arms and abs which I rarely attend to in isolation. It was happy news when I awoke to sore triceps.

Now I just have to resolve the problem of being too close to the kitchen all day long...
DM57
Las Vegas
DM57 is female  DM57 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2017, 11:13 PM

I do 20-30 minute routines 4-5 days a week. Upper-Lower-Core-Yoga-? I do all workouts at home with a bench, glider, dumb bells. Awesome to see all the healthy people posting. I am new, this is cool.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 04:23 AM

Welcome to the forum!! That's a solid and varied workout routine you have going there. Do you watch your diet too?
DM57
Las Vegas
DM57 is female  DM57 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 07:01 AM

Thank you. I do 1900-2100 calories a day. Depending on the workout and such.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2017, 09:46 PM

I don't think my legs had recovered since Sunday's extraordinary run. About half way round this morning's eight miles I could feel tiredness creeping into my quads. I managed to keep it going until the end in not a too shabby time, but I did beat the angry looking clouds that chased me home and deposited their haul of water upon the neighbourhood once I was safely indoors.....

Welcome to the forum Dawn Marie, we're assembling quite a useful team on the forum.....
DM57
Las Vegas

10-10-2017, 11:18 PM

Thank you OldGreyFox. I am not nor ever have been a runner. So I can imagine running that far. I am glad those angry clouds did not get you.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

11-10-2017, 01:55 AM

You are really cranking out the miles, OGF, and reportedly with very satisfying runs. It sounds like it has been a bit rainy there of late. Is that fairly typical for October? I actually enjoy the occasional rainy run as long as I don't get too chilled...

...but getting child was not a problem today as it was warm and very humid. I am fighting the battle in my brain in which the well-behaved side is telling me that I still have six days before I can run, and the other side that is saying...a few yards couldn''t possibly hurt...

...well, I behaved and walked four miles. I am making up for my lethargy cleaniing out closets..but somehow it's just not the same...!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-10-2017, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
You are really cranking out the miles, OGF, and reportedly with very satisfying runs. It sounds like it has been a bit rainy there of late. Is that fairly typical for October? I actually enjoy the occasional rainy run as long as I don't get too chilled...

...but getting child was not a problem today as it was warm and very humid. I am fighting the battle in my brain in which the well-behaved side is telling me that I still have six days before I can run, and the other side that is saying...a few yards couldn''t possibly hurt...

...well, I behaved and walked four miles. I am making up for my lethargy cleaniing out closets..but somehow it's just not the same...!
Where on earth do you usually run Surfermom, and who with......

Seriously though, I know it's hard, but don't do too much too soon....
Walking's good for now, but try and avoid those 'children'....

Thanks also Dawn Marie (My daughter is called Marie) I was lucky yesterday but I'm probably living in borrowed time....and I'll probably get rained on sometime soon.

Yes Surfermom, we do tend to get plenty of rain in October/November, in fact, the river close to where I live has only burst it's banks two or three times that I can remember, and it was in November every time. Fortunately, there is a large floodplain and only a few dwellings get affected here, but upstream, they are not so lucky.

A warm wind this morning as Mrs Fox and me set off for a three mile walk along the canal towpath, so it's still good enough to wear shorts. I understand we are getting the remains of one of the hurricanes that harassed you Surfermom. It was quite refreshing anyway and we were able to maintain a good pace all the way round.

Back to the running tomorrow, so I hope this decent weather continues, but it doesn't really matter....I'll still be out running whatever the good lord decides to send....It's the frogs and boils that are harder to deal with....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

12-10-2017, 02:52 AM

Ha, ha, very funny, OGF. I try very hard not to chase, catch, or eat children...at least while I am running.

I am the world's worst typist. In high school I had the choice between taking physics and typing, and that decision actually caused a row between my parents. My mother wanted me to learn how to type and my dad wanted me to take the science. Guess who won the argument?

Anyway, I digress. It sounds like it was a fine day for a stroll, if not a bit breezy there. Isn't it fascinating how these storms are birthed over Africa and then wind their way around the Atlantic? While this is old hat to the forum, I was curious to read about the cause of these rainy months (influx of polar air meeting tropical air just like this system making your way, blocking patterns, etc.).

For me, it was another day of walking, four miles in my favorite place - the Enchanted Forest. At least I call it that. This area is part of a more extensive trail system that has wide, paved, but relatively soft running surfaces. The paths run through high, lush, and ancient maritime oak stands, where both natives and explorers (Columbus, Ponce de Leon) sought shelter forty feet above the encroaching storm surges and their punishing winds. Today it was much more serene with dappled sunlight lacing the forest floor and the cool air from the trees' respiration making for near perfect conditions. My legs, though sore, feel sound as ever and I'm actually benefitting from working out different muscle sets. All in all, it was a fine day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Enchanted forest.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	4190

Page 79 of 370 « First < 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 129 179 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top