Join for free
Page 327 of 1676 « First < 227 277 317 325 326 327 328 329 337 377 427 827 1327 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 11:05 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
Well Spitty, I was not expecting that

hos this for being less direct

They're Coming To Take Me Away

Napoleon XIV 1966

Remember when you ran away
And I got on my knees
And begged you not to leave
Because I'd go beserk
Well you left me anyhow
And then the days got worse and worse
And now you see I've gone
Completely out of my mind
And they're coming to take me away ha-haaa
They're coming to take me away ho-ho hee-hee ha-haaa
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see those nice young men
In their clean white coats
And they're coming to take me away ha-haaa
Sorry, that is no good either.
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
\

well thank you for that Pug and yes I could feel your effort in every sentence trying to keep it simple - has your missus given up asking you how things work these days?? OR was that just after your honeymoon? - and how do they get honey on the moon?
Moon here refers to a period of time Gummmy

Your time is about 9 AM, kindly supplied by H Saaaaaamuel EVer Rite watches, remember? "We are the Ovaltinies"
Horace Bachelor & his infra red draw system, K E YN S H A M..
BRIZZLE
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 11:09 PM

Are we talkin Bristols?
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-10-2017, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
sorry, that is no good either.
less is more
Robert Jnr.
UK

20-10-2017, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Are we talkin Bristols?
Nefertiti was from there? Also Horus.
Akhenaton a silly question !
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

20-10-2017, 11:26 PM

One has to save energy.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 02:18 AM

well I've been feelin chronically constipated for a week now despite takin stuff so change to another white powder with water as many as you want until you expire - so finally after about 4/5 new sachets there was a call to duty and it was certainly not a case of "saving energy" but givin it all the energy one could give until after a fart or two the mass descended - lots of energy released there - thought I 'd share that dear moment with you all lads and the odd gal that peeps in!!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

21-10-2017, 07:45 AM

Gummy, becoming expressionally constipated puts the shits up me, so does David Suchet.
Robert Jnr.
UK

21-10-2017, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
ezcue ME but is this a private discussion or can anyone join in??
its not private, just Robocop & Spitty vying to be the most esoteric.
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2017, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Jnr. ->
Moon here refers to a period of time Gummmy

Your time is about 9 AM, kindly supplied by H Saaaaaamuel EVer Rite watches, remember? "We are the Ovaltinies"
Horace Bachelor & his infra red draw system, K E YN S H A M..
BRIZZLE
Umm....if I may quickly intercede,chaps?
Before the invention of the telescope in the early 1600’s, man just knew of the Moon—a round, [it was,at the time,unrealised that the Moon was spherical] mysterious
astronomical object that people would gaze at in the night sky. As time progressed however,astronomers realised that having a moon isn’t a feature unique to planet Earth and that other planets had moons too. So exactly what is a moon? A moon is defined to be a celestial body that makes an orbit around a planet,including all eight major planets, dwarf planets,some minor planets. A moon may also be referred to as a natural satellite,although to differentiate it from other astronomical bodies orbiting another body, e.g. a planet orbiting a star, the term 'moon' is used exclusively to refer to a planet’s natural satellite. The first moons to be discovered other than our own moon,were the Galilean moons of Jupiter,named after astronomer and discoverer Galileo Galilei. The moons Io,Europa,Ganymede and Callisto are Jupiter’s largest and were the first four to be discovered-to date,a further 59 moons orbiting Jupiter have been discovered,making 63 so far known. Other than the four Galilean moons,Saturn’s moon Titan and Neptune’s moon Triton,are comparable in size to the Earth’s Moon. In fact, these seven moons are the largest natural satellites in the solar system,measuring more than 2600 miles in diameter. Only the two innermost planets Mercury and Venus have no moons. Well...that we know of to date,anyway...
An interesting fact about some of the solar system’s largest moons is that several of them are geologically active. Although Earth's Moon has no tendencies to spew lava or display any evidence of tectonic activity,Jupiter’s Io and Europa,Saturn’s Titan and Enceladus,plus Neptune’s Triton,have been observed to be volcanically active. Although the 'moon count' of the Solar System had a grand total of just one in ancient times,that number has ballooned to 336 as of today,with 168 moons orbiting the six major planets. The rest are moons of dwarf planets,asteroids moons,or natural satellites of Trans-Neptunian objects. As more discoveries are made,astronomers find it more difficult to put a defining line on what can/can’t be classified as a 'moon'. I.e;is it correct to call a 10-inch rock that’s orbiting Jupiter in stable orbit,a moon? If yes,then there could potentially be millions of moons as yet undiscovered within our Solar System alone. If no,then where does one draw the line? Size? Mass? Orbital stability? The size and stability of what can officially be designated as 'a moon' is still undecided scientifically,so other than the simple definition of it being 'a natural satellite of a planet', there really is,as of yet,no clear cut answer to the question, 'What is a moon?'. [and gummy dropping his strides doesn't count....m'kay?]

Page 327 of 1676 « First < 227 277 317 325 326 327 328 329 337 377 427 827 1327 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top