Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 10:59 AM

White poppy ?

I see some people now want to replace the red poppy with a white one for 'peace' as if the colour makes a difference.
What do you think?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 11:02 AM

Re: White poppy ?

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I see some people now want to replace the red poppy with a white one for 'peace' as if the colour makes a difference.
What do you think?

A white poppy is worn by those who profess pacifism and if they choose to do so - good for them!!!
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 11:13 AM

did white poppies grow on the fields of flanders?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 11:23 AM

I think if we keep changing traditions, to fit in with some people's personal ideas, then we may as well abandon them completely.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 11:25 AM

I saw about this the other day.
They were saying about a red one means bloodshed, and they should be celebrating peace instead - hence the white one.

There is talk of a purple one too. This explains:

All donations go to the charity Animal Aid, who say of their appeal: "During human conflicts, animals have been used as messengers, for detection, scouting and rescue, as beasts of burden and on the frontline. "Please wear a purple poppy and help us to raise awareness of these forgotten victims."
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 11:37 AM

Maybe I will wear all three colours, now that will certainly confuse people.

I agree with what Twink said 100%
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Adanac ->
Maybe I will wear all three colours, now that will certainly confuse people.

I agree with what Twink said 100%

Me too.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 11:44 AM

Hi

I will be wearing a red one.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I saw about this the other day.
They were saying about a red one means bloodshed, and they should be celebrating peace instead - hence the white one.

There is talk of a purple one too. This explains:

All donations go to the charity Animal Aid, who say of their appeal: "During human conflicts, animals have been used as messengers, for detection, scouting and rescue, as beasts of burden and on the frontline. "Please wear a purple poppy and help us to raise awareness of these forgotten victims."
Aren't they just using the purple poppy as emotional blackmail to get more money for the animals though. I am all in favour of helping animals who suffer, but not when they are using an idea, that helped injured soldiers who fought in wars.
As a protest, I would choose to give money to another animal charity that I trust rather than one who is, in effect, stealing money from the soldiers poppy appeal.
I would always help animal charities, but not one who is trying to steal another charity's thunder!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2017, 12:30 PM

https://www.britisharmedforcesthebes...orning-Britain

The reason why, which might explain the lefty reason for a white poppy, watch the video

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top