Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 09:18 AM

Re: Itv+4

Mups , I'm pleased it's sorted for you , we are so alike , I could feel your annoyance yet it made me smile because I'm the same , I get really stressed when things go wrong too , then I have to run to a neighbour and feel even more daft as they seem to understand all the nonsense .

So blinking complicated isnt it .

I needed a new TV so neighbour came with me , she did all the talking as I decided to buy a smart tv , because I don't have a roof ariel I had to buy a freesat box even though the TV was smart , they talked another language together and all I could do was listen , eventually we got home and she set it up for me leaving me to get used to the doobury thingy remote watsit that took me hours . Then I had to return the freesat box a week later because it didn't record and I wanted a record one even though I could "catch up" I couldn't catch up on all the channels I wanted .

Life is so complicated
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 12:50 PM

Last night I wanted to watch a programme on Channel 4 Catchup. I was informed on screen that I needed to register to do so, by entering name, address, email and a password. I did all of this via the TV (only six months old), but still could not access the programmes, it kept telling me that I needed to register. I spent half an hour trying numerous times.

In desperation I turned to my tablet, and registered on that, two hours later that was accepted. I thought therefore that I had solved the access problem. Switched on the TV, but it still said that I needed to register... So much for "watching on any device".

So, I then thought I would email the help line, I spent another ten minutes filling in the details and the problem that I had. Pressed "submit" only to be told that due to internet problems, I would need to telephone them.

I gave up!!

Any suggestions please? I know I could now watch on my tablet, but I would far rather watch on the TV.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
Last night I wanted to watch a programme on Channel 4 Catchup. I was informed on screen that I needed to register to do so, by entering name, address, email and a password. I did all of this via the TV (only six months old), but still could not access the programmes, it kept telling me that I needed to register. I spent half an hour trying numerous times.

In desperation I turned to my tablet, and registered on that, two hours later that was accepted. I thought therefore that I had solved the access problem. Switched on the TV, but it still said that I needed to register... So much for "watching on any device".

So, I then thought I would email the help line, I spent another ten minutes filling in the details and the problem that I had. Pressed "submit" only to be told that due to internet problems, I would need to telephone them.

I gave up!!

Any suggestions please? I know I could now watch on my tablet, but I would far rather watch on the TV.

Isn't it infuriating CeeCee.
Hope you can sort it.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2018, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Mups , I'm pleased it's sorted for you , we are so alike , I could feel your annoyance yet it made me smile because I'm the same , I get really stressed when things go wrong too , then I have to run to a neighbour and feel even more daft as they seem to understand all the nonsense .

So blinking complicated isnt it .

Yes, it stresses me when I can't do technical stuff too, Susan.
I mean, being as mine is run from an aerial, one would assume you click the 'Aerial' option, wouldn't you.
What the hell does 'Air' mean?

No explanation to help us - nothing.
It really does make me mad.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top