Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 12:16 PM

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for Prime Minister???

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
It would seem that many people with a lot of common sense are prepared to vote for Jeremy Corbyn as our next PM.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a8251911.html
Well if you think all those people have a lot of common sense, I'm afraid it says a lot about you. Anyway, I thought I once heard you say you don't support Labour.

In a way, I'd be happy for Compo to get in. He's quite likely to raise pensions and cut taxes - both would benefit me - before he manages to do what every Labour government has done for decades: destroy the country.

And, when that happens, he has a really good get-out clause to explain how the country has gone round the U-bend: Brexit!

Incidentally, which way does The Independent lean politically?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 12:23 PM

I love Corbyn, he is our Donald Trump, an absolute fool but he is our absolute fool. The Unions running one wing of Labour have their agenda, Momentum running another wing of Labour have their agenda and the Communists have Jeremy a confused geriatric.
I am sure he is a Conservative plant
Tupman
United Kingdom Surrey
Tupman is male  Tupman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 04:36 PM

I don't know what he would be like as PM, only he can't be worse than the incompetent rubbish who are in charge at the moment, they're are making us a joke in Europe, now we've got Putin taking the urine out of us.

What a shambles.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tupman ->
I don't know what he would be like as PM, only he can't be worse than the incompetent rubbish who are in charge at the moment, they're are making us a joke in Europe, now we've got Putin taking the urine out of us.

What a shambles.
You think?
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tupman ->

What a shambles.
Putin taking the P... and Corbyn supporting him....Not Good!

JC has interpreted the mood wrongly on this one!
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2018, 10:45 PM

Jeremy is supporting Putin now because he has seen what has happened to Russian spies in the UK
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 04:59 AM

Hi

Corbyn has been a disgrace about this, parroting the Russian line.

Even more scaryis his spokesperson, Seamus Milne.

A hardline Communist who does not believe our Security Services and who, in the past,has praised the Stasi,the East German secret police.

Milne can afford to be a Communist, he comes from a rich family.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 11:40 AM

I'm not by any means a supporter of Corbyn - for me he is an ultra-liberal snowflake obsessed with middle class identity politics. Not only that, but he is an appalling hypocrite having opposed EU membership for decades, only to bottle and support "remain" in the referendum campaign.
Having said all that, there is no way in the world he can be worse as PM than the despicable Tories who seem only interested in feathering their own nests (and the nests of their corporate capitalist masters) at the expense of the British people.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2018, 12:17 PM

Watching PMs Questions yesterday it was slightly reassuring to see that the labour party still have a few members left, who have integrity and are prepared to put country before politics and opportunism by supporting the Government line, when the country is threatened. Unlike their leader and a few of his sycophants.

On a different note no matter how I try, don't seem to be able to speak of people of a different political persuasion as despicable or scumbags and barstewards. Some may warrant the description I agree, but not every Conservative voter is despicable or interested in feathering their own nests, in much the same way as not every Labour supporter is a Tosser, though some most definitely are deserving of that description.
Tupman
United Kingdom Surrey
Tupman is male  Tupman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2018, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I'm not by any means a supporter of Corbyn - for me he is an ultra-liberal snowflake obsessed with middle class identity politics. Not only that, but he is an appalling hypocrite having opposed EU membership for decades, only to bottle and support "remain" in the referendum campaign.
Having said all that, there is no way in the world he can be worse as PM than the despicable Tories who seem only interested in feathering their own nests (and the nests of their corporate capitalist masters) at the expense of the British people.
Question. . . .What side did May campaign on during referendum?

Answer . . . Remain.... Becoming a hardliner brexiteer when she saw it could further her political ambitions.

The hypocrites are taking over everything.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top