Join for free
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 11:48 PM

Acer Chromebook and old Acer

My old Acer seems to have packed up wouldnt charge got new battery but charges then discharges straight away. This old Acer has lasted 11 years with same battery and no problems # would still like to use it - anyone know whats happening?

New Acer chrome (whatever that means - chrome? -) is a bit confusing as yet.

Old stuff seems better than new yet lately all my old stuff has suddenly decided to pack up and dont really like all this new ie
boiler, washing machine and now computer - my fridge is a bit blinky too - whats happening?????
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2018, 12:50 AM

Re: Acer Chromebook and old Acer

Does the laptop still work when it's plugged into the mains? Wanting to find out if the power supply checks out okay.

What can happen if a laptop is left plugged in all the time is that the battery never gets chance to discharge properly and so gets damaged over time. If the new battery doesn't work there may be a problem with the charging circuit within the laptop.

Chrome is an operating system created by Google. A Chromebook generally doesn't have any software on it, all the software is `cloud based` which makes the computer fast but limited in use and (far as I'm aware) as there's no top-end software for it.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2018, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by sarah kay ->
My old Acer seems to have packed up wouldnt charge got new battery but charges then discharges straight away. This old Acer has lasted 11 years with same battery and no problems # would still like to use it - anyone know whats happening?

New Acer chrome (whatever that means - chrome? -) is a bit confusing as yet.

Old stuff seems better than new yet lately all my old stuff has suddenly decided to pack up and dont really like all this new ie
boiler, washing machine and now computer - my fridge is a bit blinky too - whats happening?????
Take the battery out and then plug the Acer into the mains and see if it comes up OK without the battery.
sarah kay
kent
sarah kay is female  sarah kay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 07:40 PM

1Am taking Old the menders see what they say
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2018, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by sarah kay ->
My old Acer seems to have packed up wouldnt charge got new battery but charges then discharges straight away. ?
Batteries have some kind of tech in them that tells the laptop how much charge is left. With new batteries the laptop can often get confused and the 2 things end up out of sync.

The battery turns out to be absolutely fine, but because they are out of sync, the laptop shows the battery as flat.

You can Google this. There are ways to get them back in sync.
sarah kay
kent

14-03-2018, 02:26 AM

Old laptop turned out to be connecting wires gone wrong they issued new set £35 in allwhich I thought good and it works fine. New laptop was me hadnt put sim card in correctly! Thanks all.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top